Tips for pigeon shooting

dazzyboi

I have read a few pigeon shooting books, and PIGEON SHOOTING by JOHN GRAY is full of info.It was published before rotarys came on the scene, as was the Archie Coates book. John Batleys THE PIGEON SHOOTER is up to date and worth a look.

I will have to check them out too. Im new to decoy shooting so could come in handy :good:

send me your address dazzyboi when your on msn and I ll send you some dvds :good:

I don,t suppose you could send me some could you, as i need all the help i can get. (ie) 200 cartridges for 4 pigeon, but i have only just started.

200 cartridges for 4 pigeons IMO you want to spend some time shooting clays not shooting at live birds... :good::good:

• 1 year later...

Hi Fellas - just started shooting (Sept) and do a fair bit of clay shooting trying to get my eye in and now I am absolutely obsessed by the whole thing...can't get enough! I went out at the weekend in Northumberland on my first pigeon shoot up a high tower in the trees as they were coming in to roost, late afternoon.

Had a brilliant afternoon and got 5 birds for 22 cartridges, which until I read this, thought was ****!

I too would be very interested in the names of any DVD's that anyone can recommend and would be happy to part with cash if anyone on here has any going spare!

Thanks,

S. :o

Hi Fellas - just started shooting (Sept) and do a fair bit of clay shooting trying to get my eye in and now I am absolutely obsessed by the whole thing...can't get enough! I went out at the weekend in Northumberland on my first pigeon shoot up a high tower in the trees as they were coming in to roost, late afternoon.

Had a brilliant afternoon and got 5 birds for 22 cartridges, which until I read this, thought was ****!

I too would be very interested in the names of any DVD's that anyone can recommend and would be happy to part with cash if anyone on here has any going spare!

Thanks,

S. :o

Hey Rochey. I think we're in about the same place 'cept I'm still waiting for my first woodie outing. What was your average clay hit percentage before you went after the real thing?

Oh and i'd like any DvD's too!

Edited by Hubbertspeak