Made the change.. will I regret it?

The rabbits are getting more spooky, they all seem a bit further away (100 yds seems more like it now..) and after 10 years plus I've finally decided to try HV's instead of Subs in my rimfire.

I love the noise and initial results are that they're much harder hitting (obviously) with the couple of bunnies I shot but I was shocked at how much I had to change the zero, I went 16 clicks down and they're still a tad high at 60 yards so I guess I have a zero of about 75 yards. Did half a zero job last night as it was a bit windy so a bit more work to do on that one.

The ones I'm using are Winchester Lazers as I had some lying around, no other reason.

Anyone else made the change? What do you zero at, do you notice the longer range and how do you get on with accuracy? I hear and see loads of reports and advice on which subs are best but which HV's do you favour?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated!

Shot thousands of lasers, they are good.

My gun likes most, Federal, CCI and RWS but the one that seems to work in most barrels I found was the Eley HV HP.

The one that seems the most barrel fusy and expensive is CCI stinger, saying that I did shoot some bloomin' longn's with them!

Remington seems a bit hit and miss between batches!

U.

Many years back I used subs and CCI Velocitors in the .22lr, the subs had a 60 yards zero which from memory gave me pretty much a spot on zero of 100 yards with the Velocitors, the Velocitors were very tight to chamber in my CZ and would never win any prizes for accuracy.

I quite rated the Remington Yellow Jacket HP, 33g and 1500ft sec, they didn't carry quite the energy of the Velocitors but were more accurate and the HP performed better than the Velocitors, so they were the favourite, but a struggle to get hold of for me!

Then along came the HMR and the .22lr became a dedicated sub tool! :yes::good: