Hotels in Amsterdam

Looking at going to 'the dam' for my 30th in November. There will be 3/4 of us looking for decent accommodation. We will be enjoying all the city has to offer (smoking/ ladies of the night) so would like to be near the main attractions.

I've looked about and the grasshopper and bulldog seem to be the main options. So has anyone been or any recommendations/advice.

ATB 425

The hotel Rokin is superb. If you drive they have access to a private and secure underground carpark and if you're there with a group of lads they'll stick you all in the basement rooms so you dont disturb the rest of the guests. The basement rooms are great though as they have a direct access to outside so you dont go through the lobby.The hotel is literally a three minute walk from Dam square and less than 10 from the red light district so you never have to stumble far in the small hours.Only downside is you can hear the trams being in the basement.

http://www.rokinhotel.com/

Do you require the room by the hour ? :ninja:

Not by the hour mate, by the quarter hour would be better for me,

Thanks for all the replies, I think we're going with the bulldog hotel. They have some apartments 100 yards from the hotel for £500 between 3 of us for 5 days. Coffee shop is next door and its 10 mins from the red light district.

I can see what's going to happen now, I will have a smoke, get horney and end up paying £50 to go and see a special 'lady' and either throw a 'whitey' or fall asleep.

ATB 425

The apartments the bulldog do are pretty good. Stayed in one in March for the mrs' 30. They are right above the middle bulldog (three on one canal) and your right in the middle of " the district". So perfect for a lads weekend. Deffo reccomend for the money versus staying in a hostel. The bigger bulldog down the road is a good laugh later on at night. Always full of drunk American women...

Pm me if you want any more details of where to go