ninja

mark a

went out on my bike today to scrub in the nice new tyres but could only manage 50 miles.

I got bad pins and needles in both hands to the point I couldn't feel the clutch and front brake.

maybe its time to hang up the sports bike and go sensible and get a up right bike.

will be sad to see it go if it comes to that.

anybody else get this when they ride.

mark

I had this a few years ago, had a GSXR 1000K1 from new for four years, the pins and needles then started to be a problem. Traded it in for a GSX1400 and have had a streetfighter since then, no problems with the hands. Now have a ZZR1100 with bar raisers, only get a twinge when it's cold. Might be a sign of my age, 50 this year, mind you I was 40 when I had the K1 :rolleyes: . Always have bad circulation, remember getting chilblains on my fingers when I rode my superdream to work in winter as an apprentice in my teens.

Sounds like you are carrying too much weight on your wrists mate, I used to and suffered similarly. Maybe time to work on those abs a bit and consciously work on taking your weight through your legs and torso. You should be able to take your hands off the bars without falling forward. If you're not comfortable with that, another test is that you should be able to flap your arms like a chicken without any real input being transmitted to the bike.

Go to the dark side, my mate has a gold wing fully tricked out,you could go to sleep on it( his wife does on the back) nice and upright, the only thing missing is a kettle, but I suspect it can be bought and fitted.

On a more serious note what about wrist bands, the stiffer type to support your wrists,or buy a couple of squash balls and in your spare time squeeze them, it soon strengthens your wrists.

Welcome to my world, 10 years of riding sportsbikes gave me something called 'Carpal Tunnel Syndrome'

Basically, it's the compression of the carpal tunnel in your wrists, this gives you the pins and needles.

It got to a point where I was getting the pins & needles all the time, lasting for 30 mins or so.

I had an operation on both wrists eventually, well worth it!

Had the same prob on my CBR600, so gave that to the missus and went back to riding my hornet, the other option of course would be to street fighter it, remove the bars and get some risers fitted for straight bars, our mate just did it on his R1

well im not giving up just yet I just love this bike.tried the going fast bit got the hart pumping but made no difference.

going to try different gloves and may be bar risers but I know I cant ride like that as I cant feel nothing in my hands.

mark