Why you shouldn't tailgate and Oh the irony

Peskyfoxs

I drive in central London daily so admit I am not a patient driver so must say I am prone to going from the inside lane to middle lane where I flash a few times at the person doing 50 before moving out to the outside only to move all the way to the inside again. Probably safer to undertake and be done with it.

Edited by LondonLuke

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will be direct here in answer to Diceman as I do the same most weeks and unless I am wrong, most that I see are black or Asian. I do not make a generalisation here, nor do I say that every black or Asian driver is bad, but 90% of the bad driving I see and 90% of middle lane hoggers belong to those two ethnic groups.

Edited by keg

I can report undertaking an old boy on the M25 today - he was in a BMW estate doing 65 mpg in the outside lane, over taking no one, just there with his flat cap on and Mrs in the passenger seat.

He didn't even see me going past him in lane 1 shaking my head.

Oh and yes, either old or foreign. It's the old boys with the sense of entitlement to do 65 mph in the outside lane that irritate me the most, along with those that accelerate when being overtaken or accelerate into roundabouts to get indignant with someone already on the roundabout in their right of way

Edited by Mungler

To my mind there should be a mandatory re-test at 60 and every 5 years after.

Seen more bad driving from pensioners than any other driver

I think that your opinion will change when you are 593/4

people on roundabouts get on my wick, left hand lane for left and straight, right hand lane for right only and i wish people would indicate correctly especially when exiting, if people dont indicate then roundabouts just dont work. :)

Unfortunately that is no longer guaranteed! There is a roundabout at the end of the Matford Link road by the Devon Motel where traffic taking the 3rd exit which is one beyond straight on is directed to take the inside lane. Its accidents waiting to happen as if you are coming the other way you have no idea if they are turning left, going straight on or are going to pass in front of you on the roundabout as so few signal their intentions nowadays.

Few cars in the middle lane are doing 70-most are faster.I would be interested in a courts view,however, of how anyone doing 70 in the middle lane is causing any motorist any harm-you need to break the law to overtake.

This is unfortunately untrue as I am regularly towing a trailer and so limited to 60mph and not allowed in the outside lane and yet come across middle lane hoggers doing well under 60mph with no excuse not to be in the inside lane - Not fit to be on the road IMHO!

We could do with some sensible changes in road law.

In Canada one is legally allowed to undertake.

Also one is allowed to turn left at traffic lights that are red provided that you stop first, check that its safe and then proceed. Of course over there it means turning right at a red traffic light as they drive on the right but for us it would be an allowed left turn on a red light.

Both are excellent methods of improving safety and reducing congestion.

To my mind there should be a mandatory re-test at 60 and every 5 years after.

Seen more bad driving from pensioners than any other driver

funny that, round this way it tends to be the younger driver who tops himself,via inappropriate speed or whilst just showing off and overtaking dangerously, usually after having a rant at some older driver who was "just doing 35mph", and strangely enough insurance companies seem to recognize that fact in their pricing :yes:

One thing this thread has brought out is that their are some impatient so a so's out there.

KW

Oh! My neck, WHIPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ! My neck, .. WHIPCASH !!!!!!

changed that for ya ^_^

As per usual , Those piccies show TFF & TFC , happens every day , when will people learn to leave a good gap distance from the one infront :no:

First day back today, on M62 doing about 65-70 in fairly heavy traffic and I couldn't even see the number plate of the car behind he was so close :shout:

almost praying for the cars in front not to brake as I really really didn't want a repeat of Wednesday :mad:

Unbelievable !! Just had some $$$$¥£ hit my wing mirror after he drove up the wrong side of the road and swerved back in almost hitting my wing if I hadn't served , then sped off up wrong side of road

This was in @&$$ hole part of Bradford I have to drive through

Pesky, saw the same thing a few weeks ago, I was driving down Queens Road and the clown comes down the middle of the chevrons. I think he is turning right to go down to Canal Road turns out he was trying to push in to go along by the football ground.

Being in the land cruiser, I block him but he was not very happy.

Sorry to be blunt but driving in Bradford is a course in the survival of the fittest.

I know that feeling. I work down south 2/3 days a week near the M25 but have a permission down here so it's good to escape.

Not a bad move on the camera Pesky, which part of W Yorks are you in if you don't mind me asking, i'm in LS19.