Hi im new and a Golden Eagle Falconer.

Eagler

Hello!

Im in Eastern England and have taken part in most types of shooting/hunting.

I have always partaken in falconry and i hunt with a male & female Golden Eagle,the quarry i take varies from rabbits,hares to fox and muntjac/roe - deer.

I also have Saluki's and working terriers + horses.

:good:

Please put some pics up for us to see, I think Falconry is a fantastick hobby / sport. my dad has had a couple of harris hawks a buzzard a kestrel (it had been hit by a car and had a broken wing it didn't look good for the little chap but he soon got back in good shape) and a couple of barn owls (both had been neglected but they to got back in good condition) and a mate of mine had lots of birds and owls. he had a grate big one bengauls eagle owl I think mit was. probably looks like a baby at the side of your goldies.

Hope ypu enjoy the forum its great on here.

Kipper :lol:

hi ya :good: and welcome

Thanks for the replys everyone,im very new to pc's and my computer isnt all rigged up to its scanner etc yet plus ive got to be shown how i put my photos onto my computer.

As for my Goldies taking muntjac,they do and the style of flight isnt brilliant but i have them following on from tree to tree and they take them in shallow stoops into the cover.I took a muntjac doe three days ago with my male,it had been shot in the rear end by a poacher and the bullet had travelled up inside it so it was in agony.

Trained Goldens in Turkistan take adult Fallow deer,and in Scotland their has been two trained goldies that have taken Japanese Sika hinds!

Hi again...

thought you might like these for the time being look up this link www.oook.cz/events/opocno06/

good action pics of goldens takeing roe deer and hares plus other hawks/falcons in action and if this comes up to here is a young male goldie nailing his first fox in Spain www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvgniwdhJY4&NR enjoy.

Welcome!

Im new to this forum also.

Great Footage, Great Sport. I had heard about the Golden Eagles abilities but never actually seen this until Now. :good:

My mate has a female Harris, he works it along side his Brittany Spaniel.

When she's not flying in the summer, I pass on my rabbit's from my shoot.

Cheers, Nige

Welcome!

Im new to this forum also.

Great Footage, Great Sport. I had heard about the Golden Eagles abilities but never actually seen this until Now. :good:

My mate has a female Harris, he works it along side his Brittany Spaniel.

When she's not flying in the summer, I pass on my rabbit's from my shoot.

Cheers, Nige

Welcome to the site nice to see another one from the North East :lol:;):lol::lol:

Hi again...

thought you might like these for the time being look up this link www.oook.cz/events/opocno06/

good action pics of goldens takeing roe deer and hares plus other hawks/falcons in action and if this comes up to here is a young male goldie nailing his first fox in Spain www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvgniwdhJY4&NR enjoy.

Closest i've been to a bird of prey was feeding my mates kestrel many years ago with sparrows and starling that we shot with our air rifles!, and recently on buying a springer pup for my old dear the owner had a tawny owl by the front door, barn owl in a large cage in the back garden,(fantastic bird...almost mesmerising), and a couple of harris hawks, amongst others....he was about to start teaching people how to hunt with them. I had no idea people used golden eagle for this and pretty impressive it is too............... :good:

hi ya :good: and welcome

Thanks for the replys everyone,im very new to pc's and my computer isnt all rigged up to its scanner etc yet plus ive got to be shown how i put my photos onto my computer.

As for my Goldies taking muntjac,they do and the style of flight isnt brilliant but i have them following on from tree to tree and they take them in shallow stoops into the cover.I took a muntjac doe three days ago with my male,it had been shot in the rear end by a poacher and the bullet had travelled up inside it so it was in agony.

Trained Goldens in Turkistan take adult Fallow deer,and in Scotland their has been two trained goldies that have taken Japanese Sika hinds!

A wounded one I can believe. Hunting an eagle through the sort of cover Munties prefer? Well its risking injury at the very least.

size for size its no different to a Harris hawk or Goshawk on a rabbit,hoofed quarries are natural for them and goldies are built and equipped for the task.Ive an Austrian friend whos female Golden took 14 Roe last season and he e mailed me last week and shes taken 4 this season already both in open fields and woods.

My eagles hit munties that hard that they hardly flinch and an experienced deer catching eagle can kill roe out-rite in a stoop.

Check out www.Eaglefalconer.com for this subject.

Eagler,

You don't have to explain yourself and what your birds can or cannot do in other people's eye's

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy's do not dismiss something that you have no knowledge about. Eagles do take Deer, and have been doing so before the gun or Bow was invented :good: I thank you :lol::lol:

It's the same as people flying their spars at magpie's or crows, male harris at hare/pheasent, birds of prey are DEADLY they have be :lol:;)

Eagler,

You don't have to explain yourself and what your birds can or cannot do in other people's eye's

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guy's do not dismiss something that you have no knowledge about. Eagles do take Deer, and have been doing so before the gun or Bow was invented :good: I thank you :lol::lol:

It's the same as people flying their spars at magpie's or crows, male harris at hare/pheasent, birds of prey are DEADLY they have be :lol:;)

You believe what you want. I'll believe what I see and know.

I spend a lot of time stalking and shooting Munties and Roe and I reckon I know their ways as well as anyone.

I'm not saying eagles can't, I am saying they rarely do in the UK and any owner worth his salt wouldn't be flying them through the sort of cover that munties favour and risking injury.