For sale section

truflex

I wondered that as well; as when I first started and joined, I had no gear, and wanted to be able to buy some second-hand (cheap!) stuff, but couldn't access that area. Maybe let people buy, but not sell??? It's when you're new to the sport, and have everything to buy that you might need the bargains! :yes:

Mike.

If somebodys selling something and I'm willing to buy it what's the problem?

You accept the cash and never send the item, It's happened quiet a lot and another forum (Hunting life) was plauged with scam-selling for a while. It might seem unfair but it's a very effective way of reducing the amount of time spent sorting complaints.

You accept the cash and never send the item, It's happened quiet a lot and another forum (Hunting life) was plauged with scam-selling for a while. It might seem unfair but it's a very effective way of reducing the amount of time spent sorting complaints.

He is wanting to browse the section and possibly buy things. Don't see how he could scam anyone from that.

People have been set up and ripped off on the forum in the past including in face to face sales where an experienced scammer has been involved.

These measures were put into place at the request of members to afford better protection. Having a trial period allows us to have a look at members to be as sure as we can be that they are genuine, that they arent previous scammers, and that they havent just joined to use the site as a free version of ebay.

So here's one scenario, say you have someone selling an item and someone else says rather than cash how about a swap for something, both parties agree to send on a certain day, but only one party receives their item. There are many more ways that scammers operate, and having dealt with some people who have been scammed sometimes out of hundreds of pounds, it's a lot better all round that we have these restrictions in place.

There is one scammer who has in total from other shooting forums run a scam netting themselves thousands of pounds, we have a full name and confirmed address for him. Along with the details of all their victims and copies of all the advertisements, times dates IP addresses etc... are the Gloucestershire police interested? Not one bit.

Hi Teal,

I'd like to thank you for taking the steps needed to keep PW safe and secure. It's a mature, responsible approach to keeping PW a great site.

For those that are new and want to buy - just like any system where scams can be found, if you have someone that will vouch for you and has been a member long enough then they could do the buying for you on their account? If you know no-one on PW then I'm afraid it is a build up your reputation style system - and that seems right to me.

Hi Teal,

I'd like to thank you for taking the steps needed to keep PW safe and secure. It's a mature, responsible approach to keeping PW a great site.

For those that are new and want to buy - just like any system where scams can be found, if you have someone that will vouch for you and has been a member long enough then they could do the buying for you on their account? If you know no-one on PW then I'm afraid it is a build up your reputation style system - and that seems right to me.

+1 :good:

So here's one scenario, say you have someone selling an item and someone else says rather than cash how about a swap for something, both parties agree to send on a certain day, but only one party receives their item. There are many more ways that scammers operate, and having dealt with some people who have been scammed sometimes out of hundreds of pounds, it's a lot better all round that we have these restrictions in place.

There is one scammer who has in total from other shooting forums run a scam netting themselves thousands of pounds, we have a full name and confirmed address for him. Along with the details of all their victims and copies of all the advertisements, times dates IP addresses etc... are the Gloucestershire police interested? Not one bit.

Sounds like the one I found and reported off hear and stalking directory !

Personally think this forum seems to have the right balance most scammers can't be bothered to keep the pre tense going for a few months so it helps protect both buyer or seller that's genuine.