NIGHT VISION SCOPES ONLY £99

crocket

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar in spec to the ones costco had on recently for the same price, though those were yukon.

I think its these ones http://www.astroshop.de/en/night-vision-gl.../bresser/nv-now

Cheap Gen1 unit, but as I have said on other threads these are great for use when lamping, scan the field first with the IR on, locate the hoppies and stalk closer, then lamp em :stupid:

Can't be bad for five score :stupid:

Can't confirm this as the maker's (Bresser) website has been hacked by some czech ruffian types :stupid::stupid: But if it is the ones I think, they have auto over-gain off, which is a really good feature for this price.

With all NV kit you have to be extremely careful not to let too much light get at the tube or it will damage it. The posh kit deals with this automatically, if this does indeed have that feature, I think I might get me one :good:

I tried the deben one and it was poor at best.Mainly due to the IR and the lens was slightly dished so what you were viewing at the edge of the screen was distorted.

Close range rats or bunnys perhaps,but only with another more powerful IR illuminator.

Maplin sell a cheap UV torch which would be way better than the one built in here, about £15 I think. Wouldn't look great, but you could gaffer tape it on :good:

Similar in spec to the ones costco had on recently for the same price, though those were yukon.

I think its these ones http://www.astroshop.de/en/night-vision-gl.../bresser/nv-now

Cheap Gen1 unit, but as I have said on other threads these are great for use when lamping, scan the field first with the IR on, locate the hoppies and stalk closer, then lamp em :good:

Can't be bad for five score :stupid:

I bought one of the Costco ones, though it was Newton not Yukon and it's fantastic for lamping Charlies, worth every penny. :stupid:

May be ok as a Spotting scope for night shooting but other than that i wouldn't bother :good:

Shop online on the auction site and you can find NV gear (some cheaper than £99) now and then.

Personally if going GEN1 i would go for an XVD add on i saw a few lads in the USA using Yukon NV gear and home made adapters and the clarity was astounding AND at good range with Gen1 and a Good IR laser setup :stupid:

One lad was getting clear images out to around 80 yards and posted videos and pics taken through the set up.

I was gobsmacked considering it was Gen1 :stupid:

LG

Not knowing anything about night vision stuff how good is this one?

Would it be good enough to locate quarry (before lamping them as suggested by Pin), is it on offer due to being a **** model or good value, how many yards could you expect to see a rabbit?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tasco has been the popular choice in sports optics for over 50 years, and we're proud to introduce an exciting new line-up of high-performance optics in 2005. For half a century we've made it our mission to design and manufacture quality optics at prices that will fit any family's budget, and our 2005 product line is better than ever. Tasco products are packed with the latest features, built to exacting quality control standards, and designed to deliver a lifetime of satisfaction — so you can choose Tasco with confidence. With a great selection to choose from, you're sure to find just the right sports optics product for everyone in your family.

Tasco NV200 - On Offer

Compact, lightweight, rugged and low-cost, this night vision monocular makes night vision affordable for the most budget minded sportsman.

•Gen 1 •Dimensions; 7.1" x 3.3" x 2.4" •Weight; 17oz •Magnification; 2x •Field of View; 70'@100yds •Objective Size; 42mm •Built in IR Illuminator

•Requires 2x AA Batteries (not included) •Comfortable Adjustable Hand Strap •Carry Case Included

Tasco NV200 £249 now

£124.95

Went to Lidl's today to ask if they would be getting them in. The Serbian and Polish assistants said they didn't think they would. But for all I know they probably thought I was asking for cocconut covered fish fingers. If anybody gets one and doesn't want it give me first refusal :good:

Went into my local store in Driffield today.Asked one of the staff if they had any in stock. I was told they had them but they would not put them on display for some reason.I could look at the speck on the box but I could not examin the goods,this guy was trying to be clever I asked to see the box then opened it to see the item This guy went ape I told him I was buying it and if it works tonight at work I will want another 2.

They seem to be well made and easy to use could be a bit of usefull kit for security work as well as hunting

They have a 5year guarantee cant be bad.

Peter

Went today and bought one! so far it works well, am well impressed, bring on tonight so i can have a proper look with it in ditch black!

Snap. I drove in town and picked up one smornin. I took it outside a bit earlier and had a little play with it. I managed to find a rat in the yard running along the wall. I got right up close to him, didn't have a clue i was there. I just watched him grooming himself. It was quite funny. Definatley happy with my purchase :no::angry:

Yeah i stopped off on the side of the road last night and spotted 7 odd bunnys in the field which just sat there, furthest i cud see was say about 30-40 yrds, but i bet if i was on a high seat or pickup cab i could see further! It feels really nice aswell in the hands, i had to ask at the checkouts aswell for mine as they didnt have them out!

Alex

For some of my permission and high seat work, i think this is going to be a cracking purchase!

:angry:

i had to ask at the checkouts aswell for mine as they didnt have them out!

Alex

:angry:

I picked one up yesterday too. I took it out in the garden last night. It backs onto a Cricket Pitch which is about 150yds across. I used the NV without the IR illuminator and could see very clearly right to the other side. Admittedly there was a lot of moonlight, but the improvement in vision was remarkable.

I turned on the IR and had a look around the garden and it is like walking around with a torch (with a green filter on it :( )

Well pleased with it for the money. I think it will be ideal for Charlie bashing :no:

They weren't on display in my local Lidl's either. I think something that small and worth £100 would be too tempting to the light-fingered if it was out on display ;)