Not seen one of these….

The Essex Hunter

County crawler! Rare as rocking horse dung, we had one on the game farm. Everybody used to mock it but it pulled the 3650 out when it went up to its axles in a wet spot dragging 5 furrows. The nose doesnt look standard, ours had louvres over the rad.

The nose doesnt look standard, ours had louvres over the rad.

I don't know much about these but the one I know of has the same front end as the one in the OP's pictures, I can't remember if the nose had a bash guard on or not but here's a pic of it.

69697_475934267347_6241038_n_zps9c484711

County crawler! Rare as rocking horse dung, we had one on the game farm. Everybody used to mock it but it pulled the 3650 out when it went up to its axles in a wet spot dragging 5 furrows. The nose doesnt look standard, ours had louvres over the rad.

Looking at it in a bit more detail Rob the standard front is there and they have made a front to go over for heavy work! Take a second look!

Speck savers are local to you! :oops:

TEH

Great old bits of kit and due to the amount of grip over a large surface area will tow virtually anything. Always wanted a crawler tractor but they weigh a lot and transport is a pain.

Hows about a Ransomes mini? You could virtually fit in the boot.

ransomes_crawler.jpg

I don't know much about these but the one I know of has the same front end as the one in the OP's pictures, I can't remember if the nose had a bash guard on or not but here's a pic of it.

69697_475934267347_6241038_n_zps9c484711

I wonder whether it was a forestry mod? Is there a nose weight beneath it?

ransome_mg5.jpg

Is that what you were trying to show ack-ack?

Don't implicate me in your crime dude!

This is what it looks like under that front nose cover, basically a standard fordson major engine and tin work. 431.jpg

Ours wasnt like that, it had louvres with a lever to blank off the rad whilst it warmed up during cold weather.

Hows about a Ransomes mini? You could virtually fit in the boot.

ransomes_crawler.jpg

Chuffing hell!! I got one of those as well. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................Dr No we better split up from here, we stand a better chance of escaping going our separate ways. See you in Calais

Chuffing hell!! I got one of those as well. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................Dr No we better split up from here, we stand a better chance of escaping going our separate ways. See you in Calais

au revoir mon amie!

I remember some thing like one of those rusting rusting away in a farm yard where I grew up in the Chilterns & that was in the early 1960s & have never seen one since these pic's exactly how old are they ? I have seen things like that in the old war time news reels shown on tv some times .

So I take it thats an indication of their age ???.

Pole Star

Dr no, where are you?I tried all the brothels but missed you by minutes at each one. I'm heading up the wine superstore. Reckon i'll head off to the swiss border at sunrise. Top tip, if the gestapo say 'good luck gentleman' dont say thankyou in english, you will get shot. ( hope this helps)

Edited by ack-ack

I remember some thing like one of those rusting rusting away in a farm yard where I grew up in the Chilterns & that was in the early 1960s & have never seen one since these pic's exactly how old are they ? I have seen things like that in the old war time news reels shown on tv some times .

So I take it thats an indication of their age ???.

Pole Star

Wouldnt have been one of these babies if it were rusting in the sixties fella. They were a fordson major skid unit so they would have not been about pre 1952? Not up on my fordsons, i'm a jd man.