43 members have voted

1. 1. FAC, how long did it take?

• Weeks!!
    • Less than a month
    • 2 - 4 months
    • 4 - 6 months
    • more than 6 months
    • more than a year!

Sent form off 16/12/2012 and received my ticket 28/12/2012 with GMP, yet I sent a variation in on Monday but the ETA is now 4 weeks plus I was told that I needed to send my ticket straight in as they won't process it without. The result being no ammo purchases till I get it back:(

Edit, received as call today ticket is being posted Friday so less than a week!

Edited by grimey121uk

Bit off topic here but...........I had to wait over a year for my SGC because some old mate of mine had gone to my G.P, pretended to be me and complained of having uncontrollable bouts of Rage & Anger, in a misguided attempt to get a prescription for sedatives !!!!

It also transpired that he had been using my name and details for quite some time ( 20 years + ) as an alias !!! The head of Avon & Somerset's licencing bureau agreed to meet up my G.P after much hassling from me.

They finally accepted that it was an imposter that had created this anomaly in my medical records and eventually.............I got the SGC !!!! My FEO was a top bloke, and I feel that he went above and beyond the call of duty to assist with my application.

G.P still wont sanction the deletion of this part of my record !!!??

So I am now able to purchase shotguns..........even though ( Officially ) I have uncontrollable bouts of RAGE & ANGER !!!!!! cool or what ?

ten days from posting to receiving , but sent in for variation they lost it twice in the post then forgot about it ,I had held it in my hands for six weeks out of the first nine months , can't fault the granting ,they opened it for me after nine months as well