Finally!!!

Well, after 2 years of door knocking (and 2 years of rejections) I finally managed to find some land for pigeon shooting this afternoon, and it's right on my doorstep! I've been to the farm twice before and was told 'sorry I have too many already'. But I asked if I could call back in 6months to see if his circumstances had changed.

This time I opened with the classic... Are you growing barley or pigeons in that field? He laughed and we chatted for a while and eventually he said, go home, get your gear and pop a few pigeon off on that field. If you do a good job I'll give you permission.

I didn't need telling twice and was back at the farm within the hour. This was the first time I've done any pigeon decoying on my own, so I probably could have picked a better spot, and perhaps set up differently? Anyway, I watched the field for abit, put the whirly out where the crop had fallen, and sat behind the net under a tree. I shot from 15:30 - 18:00 and finished with 30 woodies for 47 shots! What an afternoon, I'm just hoping he'll let me back!!