Cheap Booze Anyone?

pav

Threshers have made a serious c*ck up!

They sent out a 40%-off wine and champagne voucher which was intended for suppliers and their friends, but has been distributed widely via blogs, email and chatrooms.

So looks like we are all getting cheap booze this xmas!

Here is the voucher: Wine Voucher

'click here to download!' at bottom

And the full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6198828.stm

Enjoy :good:

I reckon they did it deliberately as they are honouring the vouchers. Obviously they don't apply to any of their buy 2 get one free offers which give you 33% back anyway.

My christmas booze arrived last weekend, its great having relatives who live in France :good:

It is genuine and whilst you can probably get wine for 50p from Tesco it will not be the same quality.

40% is a hell of a lot, compare any bottle from them - 40% and if Tesco can do cheaper I fail to see how they have survived as long as they have!

It is genuine and whilst you can probably get wine for 50p from Tesco it will not be the same quality.

40% is a hell of a lot, compare any bottle from them - 40% and if Tesco can do cheaper I fail to see how they have survived as long as they have!

They compared like for like on the London BBC News and Threshers were still more expensive - sorry.

In my local Threshers I get a free bottle of wine everytime I buy 2, how can you support that indefinitly if don't overcharge for the others?

Blimey I am off to Tesco then!

Can you remember which bottles they were Startup?

All the usual wines I have are cheaper with the 40% off, for example Blossom Hill Californian White 75cl:

Tesco £3.79

Threshers £3.99 - 40% = £2.39

I am trying to find the article on the web now, but all I find is the link you put up further up the thread.

Don't forget also, they can close these 'offers' down whenever they like, it's not like it use to be.

So if it was hurting them they would not honour it.

I was sent a link to Amazon for a 42" Plasma TV they had put on their site accidently for £99.99 instead of £999.99, so I bought one immediately and went to lunch quite pleased with myself. Buy the time I got back my order had been rejected and the item had been pulled from their site, they appologised for any inconvenience I may have suffered and that was that.

I came back from France late last night with approaching 3/4 ton of booze :no:

I shan't be going to threshers for a while methinks :(

Yes, I did the same, no flies on us Herts boys..!!

I stocked up with JP Chenet Cabernet Sauvignon at £1.60 per bottle, all the big supermarkets here do it for about £3.99, and it gives me a warm feeling to think how much tax I'm not paying to Gordon Brown.

Cat. :good: