North Cheshire Pigeon Syndicate

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel I should add a few words here as I was the first to go shooting with the chap who set up the syndicate.

I was told that the shooting rights were purchased from the farmers son.

Subsequently a syndicate member was shooting and shot a goose a day before the start of the season and close to a public footpath and was subsequently stopped and advised that no-one had shooting rights on the land but the owner.

The owner had apparently let the land to the farmer and the farmers son had let the shooting for a number of hundreds of pounds without his fathers knowledge - clearly you cant let the shooting rights when you dont own them !

The chap who set up the syndicate has returned a lot of the money (when I last heard) and had also offered alternative shooting to at least one and possibly another of the syndicate members.

I am hoping and expecting that all have been repaid or offered acceptable alternatives. I have been PM ing a couple of the chaps off here.

I shot a couple of foxes on the land before the syndicate was set up and had this (shooting rights issue) come to light at that time it would not have been good for me, as you can imagine. The chap who set this up also shot on the land regularly and I did not believe the syndicate was a convenient invention.

It would be good to clear this up once and for all so if anyone is still waiting for money, please advise by PM

Still, if all is repaid then no harm has been done.

good evening pw,ers i was a syndicate member,to clear matters up as far as i,m aware most members got their money returned,myself included,but i do know others havent,i also found out that there was at least 13 paying guns,which exceded the original planned number,and yes i dont think it was a planned scam as kes as pointed out.i think sean just got carried away with the idea and sadly a great opportunity was lost.

As one who is still owed money OF COURSE IT WAS A SCAM. If it didn't start out being a scam then it very quickly turned into one. Nearly 5 months later, no replies to calls, texts and letters and no refund - doesn't take Sherlock Holmes does it!!!

Was very plausible and I certainly don't think I'm gullible but that con man has got money of mine and if it takes bailiffs to get it back so be it.

Mr Potter

I feel I should add a few words here as I was the first to go shooting with the chap who set up the syndicate.

I was told that the shooting rights were purchased from the farmers son.

Subsequently a syndicate member was shooting and shot a goose a day before the start of the season and close to a public footpath and was subsequently stopped and advised that no-one had shooting rights on the land but the owner.

The owner had apparently let the land to the farmer and the farmers son had let the shooting for a number of hundreds of pounds without his fathers knowledge - clearly you cant let the shooting rights when you dont own them !

The chap who set up the syndicate has returned a lot of the money (when I last heard) and had also offered alternative shooting to at least one and possibly another of the syndicate members.

I am hoping and expecting that all have been repaid or offered acceptable alternatives. I have been PM ing a couple of the chaps off here.

I shot a couple of foxes on the land before the syndicate was set up and had this (shooting rights issue) come to light at that time it would not have been good for me, as you can imagine. The chap who set this up also shot on the land regularly and I did not believe the syndicate was a convenient invention.

It would be good to clear this up once and for all so if anyone is still waiting for money, please advise by PM

Still, if all is repaid then no harm has been done.

HI

Just let put this one to bed.

I shoot for the farmer involved and have written permission you have no right to be on that land shooting fox's,i have also been told that if i catch anyone there to phone the police as the persons would be trespassing.

I know there has been some sort of misunderstanding but i been watching this thread since i found out about this.

I also found that a person was shooting in a public wood where people walking their dogs, so you could say i am quite angry about the situation because the shooting could quite easy have been lost.

The good thing about this i have made two very good friends who come out with me shooting.

I also spoke to the guy who started it and found him to be a reasonably good bloke.

Many Thanks

Neil

HI

I shoot for the farmer involved and have written permission you have no right to be on that land shooting fox's,i have also been told that if i catch anyone there to phone the police as the persons would be trespassing.

I know there has been some sort of misunderstanding but i been watching this thread since i found out about this.

I also found that a person was shooting in a public wood where people walking their dogs, so you could say i am quite angry about the situation because the shooting could quite easy have been lost.

The good thing about this i have made two very good friends who come out with me shooting.

I also spoke to the guy who started it and found him to be a reasonably good bloke.

Many Thanks

Neil

Neil,

Thanks for that.

The point I was trying to make was that I should have checked before going shooting even though I was apparently shooting with Sean's permission there is no defence of ignorance when shooting illegally with a firearm, even completely unwittingly. Glad you have permission and have friends

Edited by Kes

Neil,

Thanks for that.

The point I was trying to make was that I should have checked before going shooting even though I was apparently shooting with Sean's permission there is no defence of ignorance when shooting illegally with a firearm, even completely unwittingly. Glad you have permission and have friends

Hi Kes

There was a lot of people there that day some experienced guys and some not, i am just glad for everyone sake that i got there before the police and did my best to get it sorted because i would not want anyone to lose their SGC because of a misunderstanding.

I always get written permission for the places i shoot off the person who has the shooting rights.

I wasn't being funny but i was angry at the time because i sat on them fields all winter protecting the crop and never seen a sole and then harvest time comes and there is a Q at the gates he he.

Never the less, there was still standing rape that had been killed off so there would have been more damage done than the pigeons could do to the crop if it had been shot i suspect that's why i have a very good relationship with the land owners.

Many Thanks

Neil

Edited by Guest

I think most individuals went into this in good faith, took Sean at face value and coughed up cash. He had formal agreement documents.

On the day I visited, a group of us went on a walk round, received maps of the ground and were told where the boundaries and no shooting areas were - all very plausible.

There was obviously no intention in relation to trespass etc. It seems like someone was offering the rights without authority, whether it was the Farmer's Son as has been suggested, or Sean himself.

Myself and others handed cash over to Sean on this basis, and a number of us have not received a refund. There were four of us on the day I went and most handed over the cash.

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the ownership of the shooting rights Sean still apparently holds Hundreds of pounds from a number of individuals that he has no right to retain. I certainly can not afford to let him keep it

HI

Many Thanks

Neil

Neil,

would you be saying the same if you had paid out money and not had it refunded,

to me or as I can see it, someone be it farmers son,farmer,or sean owes a couple of guy,s there money back as a lot are saying they havn,t had refunds.This is the reason WHY I would never pay for shooting except on a professional level,

I feel for the lads who gave their money away and got nothing for it, not even an answer to a txt or phone call so from the outside it looks like someone has ripped them off,(I might be wrong).

atb Evo

Anyone needing contact details pm me it's not a secret

john, sounds like they have tried mate but no-one will return calls or txt,s mate

i did just that while visiting friends in moreton i went to his house and ended up getting money back for 3 of us,the reason i did this is i felt responsible to my other friends who i got interested in this venture,if anyone wants an ad pm me.regards john.

i did just that while visiting friends in moreton i went to his house and ended up getting money back for 3 of us,the reason i did this is i felt responsible to my other friends who i got interested in this venture,if anyone wants an ad pm me.regards john.

and that is right sir......well done you.................

Neil,

would you be saying the same if you had paid out money and not had it refunded,

to me or as I can see it, someone be it farmers son,farmer,or sean owes a couple of guy,s there money back as a lot are saying they havn,t had refunds.This is the reason WHY I would never pay for shooting except on a professional level,

I feel for the lads who gave their money away and got nothing for it, not even an answer to a txt or phone call so from the outside it looks like someone has ripped them off,(I might be wrong).

atb Evo

john, sounds like they have tried mate but no-one will return calls or txt,s mate

Evo

I helped people,what are you taking about????you do not have any idea what i did, so why say that i "would not be saying that".

Youngie, you obviously know for certain more than I do. Is what I said above correct ?

Was the farmers son possibly involved as I was told ? I was never aware that anyone else had shooting rights over the land. You say you talked to Sean and found him genuine, as I suggested. I cant work out how this situation could have come about, other than by the circumstances I set out above.

I could be wrong but up until your post, I seemed to know more than anyone else - that doesnt seem to be the case now.

Any insight would be helpful.