Anyone build airfix?

Reeceknight

i did some properly as an adult for a laugh during an illness and tried to do a good job of it. If you want to do a nice one you will need a scalpel to get the parts of the frames, an emery board to get them nice and smooth or fine file and go very sparingly with the glue, its all in the preparation. You then need to prime it and select the right paints. Its the flippin transfers that always did my head in :)

Aha pimp killer! (Strange name)

I was wondering this! iv even dug out a needle file for sandin down the small parts that brake off and was even thinking of painting certain parts before the whole assembly is put togeather? to make sure it looks pukka! As I build this in real life I wanted to stick it on abit of welding wire and stick it on the corner of my bench haha

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

There's a bit of dust on these two but I got most of it off. These are my two best ones. A Spitfire and De Havilland Mosquito.

The Mosquito was the hardest one so far I think, with a lot of fiddly bits. Two of the rocket launchers fell off one of the wings, as you can see. There's supposed to be 4 on each wing. And the wheels were a bit difficult. But I managed in the end.

I used to make them as a kid (all my hard earned went on them!, Used to wash two doctors cars twice a week at 20p per car!!- 80p in total!), I hung them from the ceiling in a dogfight kind of a way, also had them on the window cill, on the dresser and drawers!

I came home from school one day to find my little brother having his own dogfight! The ones there weren't hanging, he was throwing at the hanging ones!!

He almost got thrown out of the bedroom window!! :yes:

I bought a few to do when I had an accident at work but didn't make them, I bought a Hurricane, ME109 and two Galleons, one had been partly built (that was from the bootsale for next to nowt!!)..

Strangely I don't have a clue where they've ended up but i'll guess at 'In the bin'!!

John :)