Mounts & Rings for a Tikka T3

I'm looking for a good set of mounts/rings for my Tikka T3, as I'm changing the scope from a 30mm to 25mm. When I purchased the rifle many years ago, I paid a hell of a lot of money for the mounts, which were Optilok, and would like something a bit cheaper,but of good quality.

Any idea's?

Sportsmatch, and they have just introduced additional size/s for Tikka/Sako and CZ

I have had Sportsmatch on my T3 .223 forever, Optilock on my on my T3 .243 since new but just been through Leupold and Warne as well on the .243 due to scope changes. I'm hacked off Sportsmatch has only just introduced the size I wanted for my latest scope on my .243, it would have saved me a fortune.

I have not seen ANY difference in performance of any of these rings/mounts.

Edited by Dekers

Sportsmatch, and they have just introduced additional size/s for Tikka/Sako and CZ

I have had Sportsmatch on my T3 .223 forever, Optilock on my on my T3 .243 since new but just been through Leupold and Warne as well on the .243 due to scope changes. I'm hacked off Sportsmatch has only just introduced the size I wanted for my latest scope on my .243, it would have saved me a fortune.

I have not seen ANY difference in performance of any of these rings/mounts.

Thanks. I'll look at all options before buying them. If I can get a 1" set of Optilok rings at a 'reasonable price' then I'll go for them. Other option is to see my Optilok bases/30mm rings and start afresh.

I think Optiloks are great. I'm having the same trouble as you at the moment planning for my .243. The shop has said I can have a set of Warne rings for free with the gun, or I can add to the value of those and get Optiloks. I've never had Warnes before but I have had Optiloks. They are bloody good mounts and lets face it if you have a £700 gun and probably a £700+ scope, what's £100 or so on rings? Those two precision pieces of kit need to be mated together perfectly and I don't think there are any better than Optiloks to do that job.

I think I'm going to have to get my money out, and you should too! I've got a 30mm scope to go on my new gun - we could always discuss the option of me buying your rings if they suit my needs and then you could buy rings to suit you? Then you'd have the answer to your problem for not much money.