Bergara seat

JBS

Ok so I'm on the verge of ordering a bergara but the seat cushioning looks similar to a bucket seat and my mates use them and moan after a couple of hours about having a sore rear end!

Are they any more comfortable for long periods? I'm already up to 5 inches of upholstery foam on my current seat and that still doesn't do the job!!

I don't fancy carrying my current seat that weighs a ton once everywhere is drilled again so opinions from people that have tried a few seats and settled on this one would be helpful

Thanks

They are a good seat.They are lacking in padding but it usually takes four or five hours before i start to feel uncomfortable on one.

Cannot see them being much use to you if you need five inches of padding as they have about a centimeter.

Perhaps I need to get down maccy d's and get some natural extra padding on my **** then ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, looking for a new chair. I like the fact that this one has adjustable legs as I can be found in my hide in a ditch, so would be useful! Also looking do a chair with a back...but how strong is the back...really..? Can you lean back in to it, being plastic, does it not want to twist or feel like it is going to break?

Just got to justify double the cost of a "normal" chair...

Steve.

Thanks guys, I must admit when I first saw it, it seemed to tick all the boxes off what I had been looking for. Plus I'm 6'2, so can be hard to find a stool/chair that doesn't make me sit hunched over! And must admit a swivel chairs would have made life easier in the past....

Looks like I'll be investing in one then!

Thanks again for your help.

Steve.

I bit the bullet and ordered one anyway, the chair is very strong and great on uneven ground with the adjustable legs but it is without doubt the most uncomfortable seat I've used yet!

This may be because I shoot sitting so don't stand at all while I'm out, the problem is now solved with the foam seat pad I made for my old seat and I expect it to last for years to come :)

Northallerton Shooting Supplies has them on sale at £90.00

I tried one in the shop but thought it was expensive, particularly as they are made in China, then someone told me they are on ebay ?

Is the self same article you are talking about on here?

This site has them for sale here http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/220178-bergara-folding-shooting-seat-l67/page-1 only £67 + £8.80p&P

Excellent chair, great construction and comfortable. The back rest makes all the difference compared to the bucket seats. The adjustable legs mean you can set up on uneven terrain also. As said, the padding isn't the thickest but you can easily add some if you wanted.