Just moved into Chippenham

Grayson

Just moved into the area from Cornwall. Have already been to Barbury SG with my son so he can have a few lessons clay pigeon shooting, which he enjoyed.

Starting to look around for clubs a bit closer to home where we can both go to shoot some sporting. ideally a friendly "laid back" club.

In an ideal world would love to find some land where we can go with with our own trap and practise as well as do some air rifle shooting - something for the future though I think.

Anyway looking forward to some friendly advice and banter on here!!

PS my real name is not Grayson, it's my kids nickname for me due to my hair colour, they do not laugh as much though when I tell them it's genetic - ha!!!

Hi There,

head out of Chippenham towards the motorway and into Kingston St Michael. Go right through the village and turn into a track on the right marked up M4 practice tracks.(they do a bit of motocross there as well).there is a sporting clays practice every fortnight. 60 birds £12 for the first round and £10 for a second. the shoot is in squads not individual but they are a friendly bunch and won't bite ! it's no frills but John the organiser puts on some very good targets and the layout is changed every time. for my money it's the best around. its on a Saturday and starts at 1pm. you have just missed one so the next is on the 19th October. hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Adrianp

A warm welcome aboard Grayson :welcomeani: Chippenham and surrounds is a very nice part of the country, certainly attested by how well attended by shooting folks, so you're in good company :good:

Thanks for the welcome tjm160, looking forward to meeting some of the shooting folk in the area. At the moment just getting my lad Oscar into clay shooting, he's had a few lessons at Barbury so far to get him up and running Next is to find him a reasonable 20ga o/u :)

Hi Grayson, just found this site and yours was the first post I read (I'm new too...) been shooting pigeons up here in north wales for the last 8 years however had a little break this year due to the birth of my son, guess what he's called.......... Yep "Grayson" don't know where we got the name from but we think its cool......... Went out yesterday and shot 22 in a hour and a half over wheat stubble great sport, can't wait for grayson to get older.....

Hi Grayson, just found this site and yours was the first post I read (I'm new too...) been shooting pigeons up here in north wales for the last 8 years however had a little break this year due to the birth of my son, guess what he's called.......... Yep "Grayson" don't know where we got the name from but we think its cool......... Went out yesterday and shot 22 in a hour and a half over wheat stubble great sport, can't wait for grayson to get older.....

Hi and welcome to PW! Grayson is a great name as I say it's what my kids nickname me, but to be honest I dont mind. Hope your little Grayson grows up to enjoy shooting also. Nothing better than going out with your lad for some father and son bonding (and someone to carry all the days spoils!)

Keep in touch :)