The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It was only so you could carry the gun back for him

Indeed a good day, 40 birds picked, 2 birds lost in the flooded river, the 110 acre wood produced some cracking sport with Rob, Mark and I flushing 22 head of truly wild game, from a wood which some shoot members think is not worth the bother, and we only tried to push 20 acres

Good to meet Ayano3 and BRNDL hope you both enjoyed the day

Edited by Paul223

It was only so you could carry the gun back for him

Indeed a good day, 40 birds picked, 2 birds lost in the flooded river, the 110 acre wood produced some cracking sport with Rob, Mark and I flushing 22 head of truly wild game, from a wood which some shoot members think is not worth the bother, and we only tried to push 20 acres

Good to meet Ayano3 and BRNDL hope you both enjoyed the day

The 110 produced some great birds and was well worth the walk. Rob managed a long woodcock and a hen pheasant, both of which were flushed by my little pup b)

20140111_154616_zps90db1d30.jpg

Rob and his brace of beaters.

I have arrived home to South Lincolnshire after a wonderful weekend away in a very picturesque North Wales as guests (The wife and the dog come too) of The Crown Shoot and 'Shoot and be Safe'. It was a fantastic weekend and was lovely to meet some many wonderful people from the Forum (SABS, Paul, Phil, Mr Brown, Bigbird, Rob Brndl) and all the other people on the shoot.

I have never shot anywhere like this before, where I live the land is 'as flat as a witches @@' and very different to say the least. The landscape on this shoot is wonderful and the birds are very testing and well presented. 'The Nant' is very special, I am just pleased I was shooting there and not beating, I would have feared for my life beating there. The atmosphere is great and I have never been on a shoot where all the people are so friendly. I also heard some very funny stories (Thanks for your explanation about the Pigeon Hut Inferno Philmypower) I think my wife is still laughing about that now. It was nice that everyone shared one of my traditions and joined me in celebrating the day with a tipple of Sloe Gin and Champagne mid-morning.

I could keep on going about the day but I am not good and writing books, yes, you could easily write pages and pages about The Crown Shoot and the people of the Crown Shoot. I will just say to those who made my weekend away special are always welcome to join us in Lincolnshire at any time you wish.

Finally, if anyone else gets invited to the Crown Shoot be warned, if you want to shoot 100 birds you will never do that, the birds are too good for that, you may see them, shooting them is a whole different story. But if you want a day (and night in the pub) out in some lovely countryside in the best company you could ever wish to meet take up the offer, you will not be disappointed. If you stay over also allow for a thick head the following morning.