The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 birds for 168 shots must sound pretty poor, the birds were challenging indeed!

On Aleds drive the shot count was 46 for 4 with young maglad on the hot peg and accounting for 3 for approximately 20 shots, now if you think back to the NvS charity shoot this young mans tally was a tad better than catamongs so we know young maglads a fair shot!!! The rest of that team accounted for 1 pheasant for 20 odd shots. You'd be forgiven for thinking that this team was made up from the guns better halves but alas no, just regular syndicate members and our two guests.

Think I saw some orange writing on the side of one or two of them birds.................... it said easy jet, Tam remarked when one of them glides back down to earth it'll probably make it to his front door in Bonnybridge!

Edited by Paul223

Homeward bound to check the "Wee Beastie" that lives at the bottom of my garden is OK after the storms ;)

Homeward bound to check the "Wee Beastie" that lives at the bottom of my garden is OK after the storms ;)

Safe trip home. See you next time :good::friends:

Edited by shoot and be safe

I'll bet it's ate that easy jet pheasant

Safe journey

As said safe journey home :good:

Hope you both enjoyed your visit and look forward to the next time we meet :)

Looks like another fun packed day on the Crown shoot, you guys (and Girls) sure know how to have a good time.

brings back fond memories of my day.

Now I have sobered up a bit and had chance to sort out some photographs, hears a few of shooting yesterday.

The little pup and myself heading to the cover crop

20131214_103151_zps727f29f3.jpg

The Good Lady having a bash at a bird ----- missed this one but connected with another on a different drive.

1 bird for 3 shots

20131214_114751_zps55190256.jpg

Magman followed by Maglad mincing past :whistling:

20131214_115245_zpsaf957ee7.jpg

Do you like my hair/hat?

20131214_115248_zps8f0a2fb9.jpg

"See I can be good" :lol:

20131214_115257_zpsfd882351.jpg

A good day's shooting for the ladies, with Paull223 and my guests who won the prize at the charity shoot :good:

Pictures of the evening to follow :whistling::oops::whistling:

After the shoot it was a night to remember, especially for Tam and Hopper. :oops::blush::blush:

Give us a kiss!!! :wub: Paul223 and hopper

20131214_221757_zpsdb1ad362.jpg

It started with a dance

20131214_233821_zpsd8465f5d.jpg

A dificult one to explain. Paul's wife getting to know Tam very well :blush:

20131214_231754_zps50585b2a.jpg

Tam making some adjustments soon after :oops:

20131214_231434_zps03220a2d.jpg

Ever wondered what a Scotsman has under his kilt?

WARNING!

Not for the faint hearted

WARNING!

Sorry boys and girls couldn't do it

:whistling: :whistling::whistling:

20131214_230543_zps5874c09d.jpg

Sorry Tam :blush:

Take your place on the final peg :ninja:

Ibiza style

20131214_230153_zps7ab52ccd.jpg

20131214_2303060_zps9ef26823.jpg

20131214_2302500_zpsd9fbbef4.jpg

20131214_230525_zpsf709429d.jpg

You decide if tam is grabbing his shot with his mouth or fallen asleep :whistling:

The final photo

Tam and the harem he gathered through the night :lol:

20131215_001902_LLS_zpsb6af2a71.jpg

These are just a few of the 125 the good lady took. I am sure there are a few other pics out there somewhere :whistling::blush::whistling:

Home safe & sound :good: A great big THANKS to all involved at the Crown Shoot for making us feel most welcome & at home (excluding the humiliating - can I have your empties please after "Aled's" ) B) never asked for the shot to kill ratio at the "Nant" where they were also fast & testing :yes::lol: I am now sitting in a dark room after taking sedatives & trying to forget the trauma of the night before - have Welsh women never seen a guy in a Kilt before ???

On a sadder note -Boris was not in his home at the bottom of the garden when we got home :/ but hopefully he will have seeked shelter in the wood at the back of the house & will be back tomorrow - I started to put young Bailey on his trail but didn't want to disturb him if he was settled in for the night :yes::good: If a fox stumbles on him it will be one less Charlie to worry about :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

looks like you had a ball....or two..

check out the william fords currently on guntrader.....you might be pleasantly suprised!

atb

fuddster

:good::good::good:

The good ladies weapon of choice yesterday.

I am enjoying shooting it, I have dropped some good birds with the "ford", Grouse, Partridge, Woodcock and a good few Pheasants. I have also shot a few rounds of clays too.

That's a fine looking truck the final picture of the day is taken in front of - if I had known I would have given it a wash :ninja::lol::whistling:

They always look better with a bit of dirt on them.

Looks good with those tyres and rims :good:

Edited by shoot and be safe

• 2 weeks later...