The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

Thanks to Paul223 for the opportunity to join the shoot. It was my first ever driven game shoot. It certainly won't be my last! Thanks to Philmypower for helping me out throughout the day, everyone certainly made me feel at ease.

Thank you to the lady for the home cooked toffee cookies, they were excellent!

Great community - Great venue - Great shooting

ATB BRNDL

Also I worked out I shot 10% of the total bag...happy with that!

Edited by BRNDL

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have arrived home to South Lincolnshire after a wonderful weekend away in a very picturesque North Wales as guests (The wife and the dog come too) of The Crown Shoot and 'Shoot and be Safe'. It was a fantastic weekend and was lovely to meet some many wonderful people from the Forum (SABS, Paul, Phil, Mr Brown, Bigbird, Rob Brndl) and all the other people on the shoot.

I have never shot anywhere like this before, where I live the land is 'as flat as a witches @@' and very different to say the least. The landscape on this shoot is wonderful and the birds are very testing and well presented. 'The Nant' is very special, I am just pleased I was shooting there and not beating, I would have feared for my life beating there. The atmosphere is great and I have never been on a shoot where all the people are so friendly. I also heard some very funny stories (Thanks for your explanation about the Pigeon Hut Inferno Philmypower) I think my wife is still laughing about that now. It was nice that everyone shared one of my traditions and joined me in celebrating the day with a tipple of Sloe Gin and Champagne mid-morning.

I could keep on going about the day but I am not good and writing books, yes, you could easily write pages and pages about The Crown Shoot and the people of the Crown Shoot. I will just say to those who made my weekend away special are always welcome to join us in Lincolnshire at any time you wish.

Finally, if anyone else gets invited to the Crown Shoot be warned, if you want to shoot 100 birds you will never do that, the birds are too good for that, you may see them, shooting them is a whole different story. But if you want a day (and night in the pub) out in some lovely countryside in the best company you could ever wish to meet take up the offer, you will not be disappointed. If you stay over also allow for a thick head the following morning.

you were lucky the birds in the Nant are normally higher than they were yesterday :yes:

Did you like the jackdaw with the oxygen mask on :w00t: the birds have been known to fly the same line :o :bye2::lol:

Thanks to Paul223 for the opportunity to join the shoot. It was my first ever driven game shoot. It certainly won't be my last! Thanks to Philmypower for helping me out throughout the day, everyone certainly made me feel at ease.

Thank you to the lady for the home cooked toffee cookies, they were excellent!

Great community - Great venue - Great shooting

ATB BRNDL

Also I worked out I shot 10% of the total bag...happy with that!

You greedy ****** :mad::lol:

Glad you had a good day and you took a nice cock bird from the Nant :good:

Ayano3 (Graham) you summed the day up very well :good: Thank you for the write up.

Your traditional celebration of the day with sloe gin and champagne was very nice indeed. Even if you were a bit tight with my portion :whistling:

(I'm sure you were trying to get me inebriated)

Only a small amount of guests, even shoot members, get to experience the evening's entertainment (you were lucky your arms were too short for the "3 men in a toilet").

I don't know why you would have had a headache the morning after :whistling::lol:

You are welcome back over whenever you want. Thank you for your company and the bottle of whiskey :friends:

All the best

Mark

BRNDL, pleased you had a good day :good:

I enjoyed watching you work your lab in the nant, very impressed :yes:

The good lady says thank you for the compliment for the cookies and pleased you enjoyed them.

As for 10% of the bag, what was your percentage of the empty shells bag? :whistling::lol:

Edited by shoot and be safe

As allready been said a smashing day with some smashing company. Nice to meet graham and his lovely wife, also great catching up with Chris brndl, enjoyed your company mate oh and thanks for the cigar.

As for the 110 acre it did indeed produce this week, the birds I saw were outstanding and lovely high flyers I think after a bit of work before next season it will make one of the best shooting woods going. Bet Brian is gutted he went home now.

Thanks again for a great day I will be adding some video footage soon.

As allready been said a smashing day with some smashing company. Nice to meet graham and his lovely wife, also great catching up with Chris brndl, enjoyed your company mate oh and thanks for the cigar.

As for the 110 acre it did indeed produce this week, the birds I saw were outstanding and lovely high flyers I think after a bit of work before next season it will make one of the best shooting woods going. Bet Brian is gutted he went home now.

Thanks again for a great day I will be adding some video footage soon.

You will have to search for a bumble bee now Phil, Sorry I missed you last night but you had left before we got back to the Crown. Thanks for making us very welcome.

You will have to search for a bumble bee now Phil, Sorry I missed you last night but you had left before we got back to the Crown. Thanks for making us very welcome.

Yeah gutted I missed you but really enjoyed your company throughout the day, hopefully our paths will cross again.

Phil on hearing the news Graham and Mark required a third person for the 3 bog challenge

Will you do it Phil?image_zps46efa8f4.jpg

He'll yeah.

Think I've got to make my own butties next week

Yeah gutted I missed you but really enjoyed your company throughout the day, hopefully our paths will cross again.

He'll yeah.

Think I've got to make my own butties next week

It's the last time I ask you to hold my portion of chips............. fat boy

Hope you enjoyed your cold butties

Beaters / stops / pickers up required this Wednesday for a sold day on the Crown Shoot

Dogs / no dogs

Most stops are easy to walk to for those who question their fitness

Some grub in the pub and 20 quid beer tokens if your working a dog

You may even end up with an invite to beaters day!

Just thought I'd copy this here too

Sloe gin, fizz and glasses already packed, Sloegasms all round......

Mr Potter

Save me some please :D

I have to work Saturday morning as one of the drivers decided to get the sack :no:

I'll be with you by the last drive :yes: magman said he will look after you Andy :wub:

See you Saturday afternoon.

Mark

Edited by shoot and be safe