Electronic ear defenders

CZ550Kevlar

I need a new pair of electronic ear defenders, I currently have a pair from toolstation that are quite bulky and were yellow but painted them green but they are more for builders not shooters.

I have been looking at Howard leight impacts on the bay of evil for £60 but there are cheaper ones like Debens and Caldwell for £35-£40

I think the Howard leight ones you pay for the mp3 input, anyone have any real life experience or suggestions?

Slim line is key as the ones I have are bulky and affect my mount as I bash them.

Howard Leight are superb. Light, comfortable, effective, batteries last forever. If you turn them right up they give you 'bionic' hearing, and I swear you can hear the pigeon wings flapping when they approach from behind before you see them. I use mine on the range and in the pigeon hide all the time. I've only changed the batteries once in about 3 years and even then I probably didn't need to. Well recommended :good:

i cant be of that much help because i have only ever had one pair of electronic, which are the howard leights but i have to say im very happy with them, they fold up small to fit in my cart bag, the battery seems to be lasting ages and they work perfectly.. im very happy with them

I can now testify they are amazing, I can hear a flea **** at 50 yards now, it's so clear.

My old ones used to crackle and not be consistently clear, the Howard Leight ones are really clear so all in all well impressed.

Which ones did you go for, had a quick look on their site a few to choose from.