Legal?

eredel

The problem is the wife is not too happy with shotties in the house but she gave way to a cabinet out of sight under the stairs so anywhere else is not an option.

Maximum length that will go in the cabinet is about 31 inches so barrels should go in ok but I believe the action of a semi auto or pump is longer than this unless anyone knows of one that is within this measurement.

The existing cabinet is 840mm high but I could probably get another 200mm longer cabinet in there but have not seen one of that length.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Eric.

got a break down my self 900mm long got a pump action in it :good:

i've got a clamp thingumy jig in the van i don't use, it's got a pin through it that the trigger guard locates on and a sliding front plate that can be padlocked. if you want to pay the postage you can have it, it weighs about 3 kg from memory, about 10" at its widest and just over a ft long.

bolt that to the side and job's a goodun.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

The Met Police formed a section called Trident to specifically deal with Black gang/gun culture, so my statement has a lot of merit.

And as Kent say, it's heavily influenced by the imported American Hip Hop/Rap/Bling culture with a good dose of Hollywood that a significant minority of the inner city black youth population and elements of White/Asian British youth have adopted as their own in some misplaced identity crisis.

When ever there is a news report on any London news of a shooting incident, you can guess the protagonists with 99% accuracy.

Tbh never really considered poaching in it. It does tend to get forgotten.

Well that's a bold statement for a public forum :lol:

Edited by Penelope

perfectly legal to just put the barrell in the cabinet and have the action elswhere. i have to do it with my semi auto as its physically too long to fit in the cabinet.

what i tend to do though, is remove the firing pin and leave that in my ammo safe... i dont have to, but it is just peace of mind.

got a break down my self 900mm long got a pump action in it :good:

That is interesting, only 60mm taller than mine.....I would appreciate if someone could tell me the length of the action of a BERETTA 302 or 303 which is probably what I'll get.

Many thanks,

Eric.

i've got a clamp thingumy jig in the van i don't use, it's got a pin through it that the trigger guard locates on and a sliding front plate that can be padlocked. if you want to pay the postage you can have it, it weighs about 3 kg from memory, about 10" at its widest and just over a ft long.

bolt that to the side and job's a goodun.

Many thanks for your generous offer, it's much appreciated but if I have to I will either adapt my cabinet or purchase a slightly bigger one.......must do a search.

Cheers again for the offer,

Eric.

perfectly legal to just put the barrell in the cabinet and have the action elswhere. i have to do it with my semi auto as its physically too long to fit in the cabinet.

what i tend to do though, is remove the firing pin and leave that in my ammo safe... i dont have to, but it is just peace of mind.

Why not put the action in cabinet and barrel elsewhere?

A semi-auto broken down will not fit in my 840mm tall cabinet, the barrel would but not the action.

I've ordered a 900mm tall breakdown cabinet off the "bay" which should be here on Monday and I believe a Beretta broken down will fit.....fingers crossed!!

Eric.

I have a half cabinet as I call them under the stairs, I have my 682e gold with 32" barrels in there all the time, with a .410 webley and scott, plus a .410 o/u. All seperated and neatly stored. Is yours a much smaller version?

Like most breakdown cabinets mine is a 2 gun but with care I daresay you could squeeze in a third gun.

My new one arrived yesterday afternoon and I fitted it last night so the Brattonsound is now in the "for sale" section....dimensions in the ad. My new one is 900mm high but about the same width and depth.

Eric.

Why not put the action in cabinet and barrel elsewhere?

according to the local fao, the only thing that she would be concerned about is the barrel. seeing as you can have an action without any type of licence, whereas a barrel needs to be on your SGC, i can kind of see her point.

plus, my semi doesnt break down like most conventional semi autos. the barrel and upper reciever are all one piece. the stock and lower action only house the trigger mech.

according to the local fao, the only thing that she would be concerned about is the barrel. seeing as you can have an action without any type of licence, whereas a barrel needs to be on your SGC, i can kind of see her point.

plus, my semi doesnt break down like most conventional semi autos. the barrel and upper reciever are all one piece. the stock and lower action only house the trigger mech.

This is the ACPO/HO take on the subject.

2.11 For the purposes only of sections 3(1) and 45(2) of the 1968 Act, and in the definition of
firearms dealer’ in section 57(4), the term ‘shotgun’ also includes any component part of
a shotgun and any accessory to a shotgun designed or adapted to diminish the noise or
flash caused by firing the gun. For the purposes of all other sections/Acts, a component
part of a shotgun is not a shotgun (see section 57(1) of the 1968 Act).