Livid

double10

Just found out that since my savings account was instigated when I was 4, I have been taxed every month! This is understandable as it is a tax on the income I receive via interest, however the bad part is that rather than just not taxing children, the government has set it up that the parent/guardian must go to the bank and ask for a form from the hmrc to notify them to stop taxing. Turns out it's very easy to avoid doing this when the parent/guardian doesn't realise that the government will tax children unless notified not to do so! And as it is only now at the age of fourteen that having managed to gain access to a statement that I have discovered this taxing. (wouldn't it also be illegal considering I would only become eligible to be taxed upon earning £9,440 odd annually?)

at least there is some respite in the fact that I can send in a form to get all the money back.

anyone else been caught out by this?

so why are you livid, look at that lovely Tax rebate you will get , :good:

when i was 14, i would have been lucky to have had a bank account, in fact, i would have been lucky if i had any money at all , apart from my paper round and car cleaning money

your a very lucky lad to have such nice parents .

so why are you livid, look at that lovely Tax rebate you will get , :good:

when i was 14, i would have been lucky to have had a bank account, in fact, i would have been lucky if i had any money at all , apart from my paper round and car cleaning money

your a very lucky lad to have such nice parents .

my parents didn't give me a penny! I worked for the money I have, be it selling cakes to neighbours when I was 6 or working for my father doing manual labour now. Tax rebate won't be enough to invest, apart from penny shares of course!

my parents didn't give me a penny! I worked for the money I have, be it selling cakes to neighbours when I was 6 or working for my father doing manual labour now. Tax rebate won't be enough to invest, apart from penny shares of course!

Sorry , i thought when they opened the account when you where 4 they may of gave you some money, working from 6 isn't to bad,

its good to know your parents didn't spoil you, i think all young men should show the same amount of ambition as you have,

good luck with your tax rebate . Maybe you could invest the money into your own business

Sorry , i thought when they opened the account when you where 4 they may of gave you some money, working from 6 isn't to bad,

its good to know your parents didn't spoil you, i think all young men should show the same amount of ambition as you have,

good luck with your tax rebate . Maybe you could invest the money into your own business

like selling cakes!

you could call yourself "cake boy"

If it was an interest earning savings account the OP will also have lost ongoing compounded interest due to the tax being deducted along the way. The account would have been running before the financial crash so interest rates would not have been at the low levels we see today.

I had the same problem with my late Mums interest earning savings account and had a heck of a job to get them to stop doing it.