Alton Towers, perk of the job

shoot and be safe

I was told yesterday that I have been given the job of taking a coach load to the towers. This is the first time I have been paid to come hear and the boss said he would pay for me to get in :good:

Anyway when I got to the gates the nice young lady gave me 2 free tickets for myself and the second man. That will do nicely :yes: :yes: :yes:

I am in the que for air as i type.

In my line of work (mental health) I have had numerous 'perks' during the past few years. These include, 2 trips to Alton Towers, wages paid and entry/spending money, 1 trip to Guernsey (flight from Birmingham) and £40 to spend, 3 trips to Oakwood Park, again, wages paid and expenses, and many more smaller outings, with no outlay to myself.

I'll know soon if I am going up to Scotland on an overnight visit.

In my line of work (mental health) I have had numerous 'perks' during the past few years. These include, 2 trips to Alton Towers, wages paid and entry/spending money, 1 trip to Guernsey (flight from Birmingham) and £40 to spend, 3 trips to Oakwood Park, again, wages paid and expenses, and many more smaller outings, with no outlay to myself.

not really a perk thats hard work bet you were on call even when you were asleep

not really a perk thats hard work bet you were on call even when you were asleep

Correct to a certain degree. I did'nt sleep, and I'm never on call, although I'm always asked 'would I mind doing an extra shift'!, and, when in work, it can be very difficult and stressful, so an 'outing' away from the hospital is much appreciated.

Good to know the taxes are being well spent :good:

Good to know the taxes are being well spent :good:

Not sure what you mean by 'taxes are being well spent'? The cost of these 'perks' are paid for by fund raising throughout the company (who own 5 hospitals & 6 community houses) A majority of the patients cannot go on these outings because of various factors, but the ones who can, do so. All their expenses are paid for by themselves, and sometimes staff can gain free entry as a carer.

Taxes do not come into the equation.

Fair do's mate, would of been cheaper to give u 2 days in lue than reimburse you for your food, I've seen you eat lol.

Let's think perks of my job, well I get as much free timber as I want. Oh and of course I get to spend my days with Fricker. Lol

Glad you had a result there, they do say good things happen to good people.

I think i would rather be at work :yes:

Its not for me :no::no: just the sight of some of those rides make me feel sick, years ago i went on a pirate ship ??? felt really bad and lost a load of money out of my pockets, the girl friend at the time told me it would be better for me at the back :sick:

Fair do's mate, would of been cheaper to give u 2 days in lue than reimburse you for your food, I've seen you eat lol.

Let's think perks of my job, well I get as much free timber as I want. Oh and of course I get to spend my days with Fricker. Lol

Glad you had a result there, they do say good things happen to good people.

your not wrong about 2 days Phil, the food was expensive in there.

As for your perk working with Mr. F, I hope you took the mickey out of him for shooting the black grouse last weekend :blush::lol: