IOS7 - ipad - how do you create a new tab on Safari?

malkiserow

It took a couple of days to get used to, but I prefer it now. Very retro looking. Particularly like the way of closing apps by 'flicking' them up.... if that makes sense!

I never had a problem with the old way of shut tuning apps on IOS6 , I keep flicking up the control panel from the bottom of the screen. Like I said I don't like change.

It won't biggest complaint after update is font not bold hard to see and battery life is worse. Latest one only fixes the font.

Figgy

Font thickness is adjusted under the accessibility area of the settings. Helvetica light isn't the best for those with bad eyesight, but they do allow you to alter it.

There's a bold switch, Settings>General>Accessibility

Billy anything in the settings to get the battery life back up to how it was yet?

I've not updated to iOS 7 yet all my family have, I been waiting for the fixed version to arrive.

Sadly not yet by looks of it.

Figgy

It's always going to be a battle of performance vs power. As the device gets newer and the operating system becomes more complex, the batteries need to follow suit. The only problem is that if you take the batteries up to mAh levels which will keep the device running for 24 hours of constant use, once the device goes through a number of charge cycles and the battery ages, it becomes unstable and can swell, heat up and even explode.

What other issues are you seeing with iOS 7? I appreciate the bold view is quite important, but I did check it as I posted that message yesterday and there's a marked improvement. Plus there are other options which I don't think were available in iOS 6, such as the contrast adjustment, which alters the contrast if the text would be harder for you to see behind a background. Also the option to change the font size is there too.

Failing all that, get some new glasses :P

Lol I can see it ok but it as faint.

Think ill bite the bullet and update it.

Wish they did have a bigger battery though.

Figgy

If you don't mind carrying the weight, there are plenty of aftermarket battery packs which double as a case to protect them.

Some settings which will help reduce battery drain, may help.

Screen brightness - 50-75% is ample in most situations.

Siri, raise to speak, should be turned off. I think iOS 6 it defaults to on.

Check what apps use GPS. (Under privacy settings) Things such as notes and stocks which clearly don't need to use GPS should have it turned off.

Call volume, 75% should be fine.

If you don't use the internet much, flick 3G off and use GSM. That will buy you loads of battery.

Background apps. Do you keep on top of closing them?

Also, try to keep about 1GB free on your phone at any time. Anything below 500mb and your phone can go a bit funny. My guess is that last bit is virtual memory allocation.