Big Dog Fox

Dougy

First i must appologise for the Poo picture,

This has to be one of the biggest Fox's i have shot,its a pity the picture is so rubbish it does not really show the size that well.

I have been on the Hay Bale's again after one of the locals lost her Bantams to a Fox, I used a bresser and NM800 as a spotter with a NM800 Gun mounted on an Archer

i didnt call for this as the last time i had a squeak after spotting it in a far hedge line it bolted, but noted the time it was around, before the clocks were altered it was 22.00.

So with the clocks changing it was 21.00 ish, I arrived at 20.00 got set up on the bale's 3 high so a good vantage point, cracked open a can (pepsi) a quick check the spotter and scope were all OK and waited with the occasional scan round. At around 20.30 i spotted this Big Dog Fox below me and around 70yds out,weaving between the hedge line,in and out of sight,rifle at the ready followed it waiting for the moment, just a few seconds later and it stopped and looked behind it as if checking to see if it was being followed. It didnt really matter as it was over the 53grn Vmax had done the job :good: . I thought i would have a drink to mark the occasion so pollished off the can. post-2987-0-93865300-1383299371_thumb.jpg

As it was a little early for the Fox i had seen before i thought i'de hang around for a while, It paid off at just before 22.00 a smaller Fox most probably a Vixen was spotted tracking accross the field following the same track as i'de spotted it a week ago, this one was not hanging about there was not a chance of a shot as it crossed the field, no waiting,slowing not even for a couple of seconds, the cattle in the field were alarmed as it ran behind them, (another reason for not being able to take a shot) It got to the hedge line to my right and dissapeared for a couple of seconds to appear again coming closer, but vary cautiously, it stopped face on in a small opening of a thick part of the hedge, thats long enough for me, another one down. A bit suprised really as i was not expecting 2 in such a small space of time from such a small area.

Now then were's the picture of the second ?????? I didnt get one, i was a chicken, around a dozen rather boistrous bullocks running round a field allready exited or startled and then some strange thing walking around in the dark with a head that lights up looking for a Fox !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nnnnnnnaaaaaaa forget the picture, i'll pack up and av a pint on the way home thanks :lol:

Well shot mate...looks a good fox.

What LED colour do you spot with in the nightmaster?

Rich

Both are fitted with an IR. The bresser is a cheap NV monocular from lidle i bought years ago and have recently adapted a mount to accept the NM800. I did use the Fire Fly on it but unfortunatly i lost it in the same field, and i still cry myself to sleep some nights.

Both are fitted with an IR. The bresser is a cheap NV monocular from lidle i bought years ago and have recently adapted a mount to accept the NM800. I did use the Fire Fly on it but unfortunatly i lost it in the same field, and i still cry myself to sleep some nights.

Ouch!!! I use the red LED in mine but thinking about night vision..

good shooting douglas,and one hell of a blured picture ha ha,i thought you had gone into hibernation or sumet...atb simon

Battery's flat in my camera, it fired up then shut down immediately, not happy :-(

Weather's kept me in and work when the weather's been good.

I can sort out the camera but not the other problems.