GP's letter to licensing

Scully

not one of you have come up with any suggestion of who is suitable to pass opinion on your fitness to hold firearms.also I think you may find that the doctor is not being asked for a personal opinion but a professional one.what is your problem if there is nothing for the doctor to report then as I said before jobs a good un.if there is something then just maybe a life is saved.i will say that if I am asked to supply doctors letter at my cost I will do so happily.for those who object to this I suggest you attatch a letter to your app/renew that you have given the permission to contact your doctor about factual information and in your opinion they need nothing more.then sit and wait.i do not look at any of these things from a legal view but from a safety aspect.i do believe that public safety is paramount and far more important than your few quid every five years or so.perhaps if you want things to change you should all join one of the country's organisations and give them by numbers a voice to be heard by the governing forces.so to all you non member whingers out there put up or shut up.

yes you need to join one of the country's organisations but it needs to be one which is actively doing something these issues!

bostonmick,are you a member of basc?

andrew

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are any of the organisations that you are a member of doing anything about the GP letters issue??

andrew

the cpsa have not answered my letter asking them what is being planned so can only think nothing.and it will not be something the cla will put as a priority as it is not a shooting organisation.

not one of you have come up with any suggestion of who is suitable to pass opinion on your fitness to hold firearms.also I think you may find that the doctor is not being asked for a personal opinion but a professional one.what is your problem if there is nothing for the doctor to report then as I said before jobs a good un.if there is something then just maybe a life is saved.i will say that if I am asked to supply doctors letter at my cost I will do so happily.for those who object to this I suggest you attatch a letter to your app/renew that you have given the permission to contact your doctor about factual information and in your opinion they need nothing more.then sit and wait.i do not look at any of these things from a legal view but from a safety aspect.i do believe that public safety is paramount and far more important than your few quid every five years or so.perhaps if you want things to change you should all join one of the country's organisations and give them by numbers a voice to be heard by the governing forces.so to all you non member whingers out there put up or shut up.

Yes we have, did you not read my post #271 in which I outlined the current (newly established) system for GP input.

The police use many ways to establish fitness, one being medical conditions. As already stated, there is a robust regime in place for establishing that so, for heaven's sake, what else is needed.

Yes we have, did you not read my post #271 in which I outlined the current (newly established) system for GP input.

The police use many ways to establish fitness, one being medical conditions. As already stated, there is a robust regime in place for establishing that so, for heaven's sake, what else is needed.

a holy than thou existence past and present it would appear

At the end of the day we make the desition to apply for fire arms and shot guns no body says we have to apply but as we do we must conform to the law or rules laid out before us now and that is the strength of it at the end of the day no point arguing over it as said befor put up or shut up

no problem then.all that is needed is a simple letter to the home office informing them of the durham force and their breaking of the rules and laws of this country and I am sure they will slap them down at once. and I am afraid yes you should be more holy than thou by simple virtue of the priviege you are being allowed.

a million whines on here is not worth one membership of any shooting organisation

the public perception of the shooting community is not very good and we do nothing really to dispel this,i will tell you that I withdrew all permissions on my land a few years ago due to the attitudes of those who had it not all I might add but the few spoilt it for the rest.all very polite and humble when asking for signatures yet complete change once given.i even had one cheeky t----r tell me how he was doing me a favour shooting my land.and strangely enough this forum has not changed my view.

no problem then.all that is needed is a simple letter to the home office informing them of the durham force and their breaking of the rules and laws of this country and I am sure they will slap them down at once. and I am afraid yes you should be more holy than thou by simple virtue of the priviege you are being allowed.

a million whines on here is not worth one membership of any shooting organisation

What priviege am I being allowed ?

you are being given the privilege of being allowed to roam the country with a firearm amongst the rest of society you earn a privilege by fulfilling certain requirements.it is a right that is freely given.this is just the attitude that caused my land to be withdrawn.i think you may find it is a right in America to bear arms but in the uk it is a privilege.ask yourself another question if it was put to a vote throughout the population if firearms should be allowed in privat ownership what would be the outcome.so drop the attitude and realise you are less than 1% of the country.so dance the dance go through the hoops and enjoy shooting

you are being given the privilege of being allowed to roam the country with a firearm amongst the rest of society you earn a privilege by fulfilling certain requirements.it is a right that is freely given.this is just the attitude that caused my land to be withdrawn.i think you may find it is a right in America to bear arms but in the uk it is a privilege.ask yourself another question if it was put to a vote throughout the population if firearms should be allowed in privat ownership what would be the outcome.so drop the attitude and realise you are less than 1% of the country.so dance the dance go through the hoops and enjoy shooting

Of all the posts on this thread,this one is the most stupid one.

As much as I have argued with J over topics,he has been spot on giving you advice that was totally correct and he has stated fact after fact,if you choose to be so blinkered in your views then carry on ,the rest of us will follow the letter of the law,not some idea that someone has thought up to save themselves money.

well i think you need to join basc if you want something done!

Andrew

as I have said I am prepared and happy to pay for and supply gp's letter and I am not complaining about wanting anything done,with almost 700 thousand certs in the country and membership of the main organisations at under 150 thousand I think there are others who would be better served joining.at least then they would be seen to be constructive and not obstructive,

Of all the posts on this thread,this one is the most stupid one.

As much as I have argued with J over topics,he has been spot on giving you advice that was totally correct and he has stated fact after fact,if you choose to be so blinkered in your views then carry on ,the rest of us will follow the letter of the law,not some idea that someone has thought up to save themselves money.

I fully intend to carry on as you say.its called freedom of choice as I understand it the scheme is a pilot and chances are that a lot of gp's will not return the forms as they are very busy people whereby causing a backlog of work for police and having to issue more sect 7 which they do not like so will die out on its own.if you want to participate in a minority sport/pastime then at least sign up and combine your voice. money and mouth come to mind.

OK, the forum is free to make comments but where do you get this notion, and when are you going to grow some balls? It is my right and it isn't a privilege, fact is its my living and I have to jump through enough hoops already without you rolling over and saying please shaft me some more!

That was #76 of mine, in response to your incorrect ramblings then, any time you are ready to answer feel free.

Edited by Dekers