Daystate Wolverine

countryman

Basically Chris the new Wolverine is gonna faze the Air Ranger out and replace it.

Daystate has built a new one piece chassis and will in the near future build all their rifles around this chassis so I've been told.

I've been fortunate to shoot the new Wolverine "B" model rifle and it's very nice indeed but I will always love my Air Ranger as it's super accurate.

I liked the look of the original Wolverine, to me this is to much like the Air Ranger, not that there is anything wrong with the Ranger, but they can hardly call this a Wolverine.

Chris

The thing is, all the internals have been nicked from the .303, it's just wearing a different dress on the outside :) The stock design for the wolf/ranger is incredibly popular because it's so comfortable and beautiful at the same time. Technology wise, as Bullet Boy said, this is the future of Daystates. There will be a gradual trickle down of the technology into all the mechanical guns.

I think they are doing a tube version for the High Power wolverine, which will look identical to the .303 (but have the ten shot mag), but the Sub12 guns will be in a similar, but not quite identical, stock to the Ranger

ye fair play pal,he has a grey shadow and thats the same to be honest,ime talking very very consistent accuracy though not just plinking,with bisly mags or barracudas its shoots fine but any thing lighter it does shoot don't get me wrong but he gets the odd fligher,me my self i think when his guns are putting the pellets in the barrel they are not just lined up 100 percent and they just need a slight tweak around that area,i could be wrong though,cheers simon

My Ultra for some reason liked bis mags. It was ok with AA field but stupidly accurate with mags <6mm groups at 25yds.

Its just for using up the club as well as for hunting the drop is a bit much on the 50 yds + targets. For hunting its a bit of a non issue as I restrict myself to 35yds as beyond that I am not good enough to put down tight enough groups in field conditions.

Still according to my RFD my Wolverine is on the way and should be in Monday/ Tuesday so expect piccies and full review by the end of next week :good:.

need an air ranger first as I,ve always wanted one, but certainly gonna get the wolverine in may , hopefully off the wife for my 50th failing her getting me one then I,ll just have to spoil myself,

well it is my 50th I,ll tell her lol

atb Evo

Hoping to get one in FAC some time in near future. Sent of for the variation a couple of weeks back. Was told i could have it back this week, though i'l take that with a pinch of salt. They do look a lovely gun and i think it will compliment my cabinet in a elegant way when she's eventually in there.

Evo good luck on your better half buying you that rifle for your 50th lol.

DD

need an air ranger first as I,ve always wanted one, but certainly gonna get the wolverine in may , hopefully off the wife for my 50th failing her getting me one then I,ll just have to spoil myself,

well it is my 50th I,ll tell her lol

atb Evo

You may not want an Air Ranger if you buy a Wolverine in May.?

Rimfireboy,

Its a one peice block, its not a sealed unit and you could maintain it exactly the same as Daystate engineers would if you sent it to them, you just need the know how and equipment !

ATB

Matt

Know how and equipment, that's the thing. And where do you get the equipment. Isn't it exclusive to daystate?