10G SEMI RTO

I've reposted this in the correct section, those that have 10g semi's, will they eject RTO crimped carts or do they have to have proper crimps to eject with no issues I'm going to get one but don't want the hassle of using a press etc again so want to use a RTO but wanted to check before perchase thanks.....

Tigger, i don't own a 10G semi, but i do have some experience with RTO in 3" 12. I've had no problem firing and ejecting a RTO'd cartridge, but i was having problems with the cartridge being too long to fit two in the mag and also they would not cycle as they got caught in the action when the loading gate went up.

I'd suggest you'd see exactley the same problems with 10 bore if the RTO'd case was too long.

Tigger, i don't own a 10G semi, but i do have some experience with RTO in 3" 12. I've had no problem firing and ejecting a RTO'd cartridge, but i was having problems with the cartridge being too long to fit two in the mag and also they would not cycle as they got caught in the action when the loading gate went up.

I'd suggest you'd see exactley the same problems with 10 bore if the RTO'd case was too long.

This was my concern hence asking the question, I'm hoping that with it being a 10g case capacity should not be a problem and could be cut down a bit to fit but just hoped somebody would be able to answer it, thanks buddy.....

My sp10 will cycle any length of shell

So basically if you want a 10g semi auto with 3 1/2" shells you need a press and crimp the shells?

I don't have a press I RTO all my steel loads for my 10g and they are only 50 fps slower than crimped loads.

I don't need to cut my cases down either for my sp10.

Edited by edenman

• 2 weeks later...

Providing you get the length of the loaded RTO cartridge as short as or shorter than your factory load you'll have no problems (you may have a slight additional tollerence here but usually not a lot), fired case length is irrelevant, is the cartridge loading into the chamber from the mag which will jam not the one being extracted.

Edited by wildfowl jon