firearms application

kev i

i av been shooting ..wildfowling for 28 years and put in for fac ..i have 2500 acres of club land to shoot on 21 farmers names ...and told by the fao that its to much land and he told me to pick 4 to 6 farms and on asking the farmers were i go and ask for written permission .and some of them say you can all ready shoot .. so its seems that club land means nothing when putting in for a fac.... just asking if any one else has had anything like this happen to them ...in principle i can have my grant for my certificate ....but not for the land i need it for well not all of the land anyway ....so do i just go with what iav got and apply for a open certificate ? in 5 years time ....many thanks kev

You are granted a FAC as long as you can give good reason to have one. Your FEO seems to be using your good reason to stop you from shooting. You only need 1 permission for your certificate to be granted as that is good reason, but you either need an open certificate or get the land checked for the calibres you want to use so it is deemed suitable by the chief officer etc. If you ask them to have the land checked they must do so otherwise they are preventing you from carrying out your rights to be able to shoot on land where you have permission to do so. Contact your shooting organisation (assuming you are a member of one) and ask them to step in on your behalf.

This is ridiculous - too much land!

I've heard it all now.

I fail to see the problem. You have land to shoot over so there is no reason you should be restricted from doing so.

J.

What he said ^^^^

Get all of the land cleared, different ways of doing it, but jeeze!

What force are you dealing with? Are you a member of a shooting organisation?

Just get a couple of written permissions for your application then after you have your FAC add more land too it.

I just send in O/S maps of the farm/s and the farmer /agents name, address and there phone numbers giving me permission

After 3 years you can ask to your certificate open.

Alan

hi lads thanks for the feed back ... iav asked for a 22cf and 22 rf for vermin and foxes and i feel its been nothing but bother trying to get a grant ...hope to get it for 4 of the farms ..well we will see what becomes of it but i still have not got the land i pay my subs for i asked the fao to get in touch with my club sec its on my 101 forms why can thay just try and do there jobs and stop messing me around ...

Okay let's not get all excited. As far as I am aware you would need one piece of land for permission to be granted for an FAC. Chances are if you're in a club The land has already been passed for certain calibres. If the land has been passed and you have permission to shoot then you can legally do so. Phone your local firearms office to double check. Regards sf1

Okay let's not get all excited. As far as I am aware you would need one piece of land for permission to be granted for an FAC. Chances are if you're in a club The land has already been passed for certain calibres. If the land has been passed and you have permission to shoot then you can legally do so. Phone your local firearms office to double check. Regards sf1

Yes, but it's a wildfowling club so the OP doesn't know if it's been FAC cleared so the FEO needs to get of his backside and do his job of finding out if it's checked and if not do the job he is paid to do. Saying he has too much land is absolutely wrong and seems to be a way of trying to stop the OP from shooting where he has lawful authority to do so.

well iam not going to rock the boat i will go with what iav got and just keep putting more land forms in over the next 3 years and try applying for a open fac after the 3 years are up ...

To be honest Kev it's not rocking the boat. They have a job to do and laws and guidelines to follow and they are being ignored. If everyone 'didn't want to rock the boat' we would never be able to exercise our rights as shooters and they would gradually change laws and regulations to suit themselves and make it harder and harder for people to go shooting. They are legally in the wrong saying you have to much land to shoot over and they should be pulled on it. What happens if you have a farm which you are legally able to shoot on but can't because of a bone idle, useless FEO and get a call saying could you come as soon as possible as I've a fox causing trouble. You would have to contact your firearms department and wait for the land to be cleared. Whilst this is happening the fox could be causing untold damages and then the farmer calls someone else as you weren't reliable enough to do the job. You've just lost a permission, all because you don't rock the boat when you are right and the FEO is wrong. I'm not having a go at you but everybody should be able to exercise their legal rights to follow their chosen hobby/sport. Contact your shooting organisation, that's why we pay our subscriptions.