Punt build

Old farrier

Hi

Thanks for your compliments more fun getting it out of the window than the doors

The trailer it's on adjusts on drawbar and extends at the back aswell box section inside box section pulls out for trailing light board ect to meet legal stuff

Slides in to help launching better picture

CA927B18-9759-47E1-8758-6733CC647EA8_zps

There are many design of elevating gear I think

Wildfowler built a very good one as for scratching deck I plan to fit a piece of thin oak approx 6 inches wide with a sacraficial piece 4inches wide on top to prevent the gun bruising deck and to overcome the rest sliding off the side exact dimensions and fit will depend on the gun we decide to put on board

All the best

Of

Ps I did send you a pm

no not received a pm from you <_<

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Marsh man

Not sure of your area but are you available for hire for functions and after dinner speaker I

Could listen to your tales all day mate

It's great stuff

Glad you like the punt weather permitting hope to give ( him ) some proving trials at the end of the week if alls well delivery and launch naming on the 22nd

And as my grandfather used to say there is only one thing on a punt more useless than a woman's name and that would be a wheelbarrow

All the best

Of

Come on OF you are keeping us in suspense, we are all waiting for the next episode .I mustent call your boat a she no more but there isn't many hardened wildfowlers who look that good ,no offence lads I am to old to argue with you lot .

Hi marsh man

Sorry to keep you in suspense just bit slow on computer

Now tell me are all fowlers old if so would a fowler of 40 years experience have not been young once Maybe the lad in the boat and all the other youngsters that were there today will tell tales like you do in 40 years time if nothing else has been gained from my thread I have sparked a few happy memories for you to share and if I'm lucky one of the kids will tell the tale of the

Crazy old farrier that built a gunning punt and let them have a go in it

You keep the tales coming there great

All the best

Of

Hi O F. I am sure if that young lad had as much fun as I did when I started to row he will remember it for many years to come ,at least he is going forward a lot better than I did .It looks like the journey from start to finish is nearly over ,and having seen your hand on another site it makes it even more remarkable that a man with limited wood working skills can produce a good looking boat like you have .I am sure myself and all the other PW members wish you a speedy recovery with your hand and good luck with any future project. By the way have you got a name for your boat ,one that springs to mind is a male PINTAIL , slender ,graceful and nice to see on any bit of water and full of charm.

Hi marsh man

Thanks for your kind comments my hands a lot better now thanks bit frustrating at times but a Lot better off than some

All the lads had a good time maybee fowlers of the future

Punt does have a name but you have to wait till next week for that

What were yours called and what size guns did you use

I was very pleased with how it went just been making a few little adjustments to it tonight

It seemed to glide silently exactly what my mate needs on a still misty morning in the area he's in

All the best

Of

Well I did have a go myself managed to get a shot showing the wake and have to say it slid through the water without a ripple

8A0FEA15-E31A-494A-8073-F34A3AB41F56_zps

Anyway it's off for delivery naming and official launch at its new home next weekend

Hope you enjoyed the thread

All the best

Of

hi o f what a fantastic build and all that hard work is forgotten when it gets on the tide and floats like that! i cant wait until we get PINTAIL on the water but as last Wednesdays gales has blown my shelter flat with the punt still under the debris it may take a little longer.

it must be heart breaking to let her go but to see your friend work and enjoy the punt will be worth it.

all the best...ian

hi o f what a fantastic build and all that hard work is forgotten when it gets on the tide and floats like that! i cant wait until we get PINTAIL on the water but as last Wednesdays gales has blown my shelter flat with the punt still under the debris it may take a little longer.

it must be heart breaking to let her go but to see your friend work and enjoy the punt will be worth it.

all the best...ian

Hi Ian

Sorry to hear of your storm damage not to bad I hope

Thanks for your comments and input I thought punt sat fairly well in the water and traveled through it a lot quieter than I thought it would any thing I can do to help on yours give me a call

It's going to a good home and I can get on with my next project ?

All the best

Of

Dang, that's pretty :good:

Excellent job - hope it's ok under the debris :oops:

Hi

Sorry I think you misread it's Ian's under the debrie not the one in the picture that ones fine Ian's is on a previous thread mammoth task and great gun have a look and give him a bit of encouragement please it was looking so good before the storm

All the best

Of