Long drive home

rapid basher

I often drove from Hannover to Yeovil non stop apart from the break during the ferry crossing from Ostend to Dover in a Simca 100.

I can't remember how long it took, but as I was a chain smoker in those days, the car was covered in fag ash by the time I got home !!

Have a yearly pilgrimage to Malmo in Sweden one way trip at 27 hours stopping for coffee n fuel.... Loved it until we started pulling two tonne trailer on the vw

We did that drive the other year and kept going up to Skjervoy at the top of Norway. LOOOOOONG drive that one. Took us 3 1/2 days stopping for fuel and supplies.

Malmo bridge is pretty impressive isn't it but not exactly cheap. Took the E4 from Malmo north. Now that's another long road but very easy to drive with some stunning scenery.

Just a thought but did you no that there are large metal birds that fly in the sky and you can for a few pounds buy a ticket and one of these birds will fly over the land and sea and drop you off at a place called an airport near to where you live saving you loads of time. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Been doing that for 8weeks m a t e . Fly home on Friday and back in Monday morning ushuly.

Takeing back three vans and my team back for Xmas break

I often drove from Hannover to Yeovil non stop apart from the break during the ferry crossing from Ostend to Dover in a Simca 100.

I can't remember how long it took, but as I was a chain smoker in those days, the car was covered in fag ash by the time I got home !!

A simca..I though I was the only 1 in the world that had 1...I had mine in 1990,never seen another 1 on the road...I did haforfordwest to Largs and back again in 1 hit...