Auctioned snipe and woodcock day

Paul223

Would like to say a big thankyou to whoever it was that could not make this day and was generous enough to donate it for charity (sorry I'm unsure as to who it was).

Also thankyou to Highbird70, J Dog, Bunnybasher and any other PW members for making me feel most welcome, really enjoyed the day no fuss or organising (on my behalf) just a relaxing day, great!

Managed to account for 2 woodcock and a crow, with the bag for the day being (I think) 7 woodcock, 7 snipe, 1 teal, brace of pheasant and a crow

Nothing like driven game birds and may be a bit more like continental style hunting, what I refer to as a honest days sport, can't beat it, if you fancy a chance at a double on the woodcock this would be a good place to start, the oppertunities were there!

Highest bid was £70 for the two days, I've donated £40 for the one day and with luck PW member Garrod who is having today will either make the rest up or do like wise and we can generate a tad more than the highest bid

Once again a big thanks folks hope you've had a good day today!

image_zpsde82c494.jpg

The message from orchid

Hello,

Thank you for your donation. We're sending it straight to Orchid Cancer Appeal so you'll be making a difference very soon.

A word from Orchid Cancer Appeal

Thank you so much for making a donation to Orchid. As a small charity, your support means a great deal to us. 43,000 men will be diagnosed with a male cancer this year; each man a son, brother, husband, father, grandfather or friend and your donation will make a big difference. Orchid funds pioneering research, awareness and education campaigns and vital support services for everyone affected by male cancer. Thank you again for your wonderful support! The Orchid Team

Do you want to continue supporting Orchid Cancer Appeal's important work? Take a few minutes to set up a monthly donation (from £1), and your support will help them achieve much more.

Your donation receipt

Donation reference

D51508211

Date

17/12/2013 08:52:36 (GMT)

Charity name

Orchid Cancer Appeal

Charity registration number

Donation amount

£40.00

Gift Aid (What's this?)

£10.00

Thank you for donating through JustGiving

Edited by Paul223

JustJon a big thanks fella

It is driven with a couple of walking guns, nothing is set in stone, no marked pegs but based very much on Marc's instinct which I'd imagine will take into account weather, wind and who's had good shooting, I'm sure J Dog will add a bit to that for the craic :lol:

Glad you had a good day :good:

I couldn't do the Monday and had already spoken to Paul about the days on Saturday night. I wasn't sure about the Tuesday either until the Sunday morning, when I spoke to my boss. Couldn't have day off :( otherwise another bid would of been placed for Paul and I to share.

I had a PM off Cranfield at 21:35 Sunday night to say there was a chance the days were mine, (as I was an under bidder). With less than 12hrs notice and a quick round of calls, the Monday went to Paul. :yes:

The main thing is, the day didn't get wasted and some money was raised for charity :good:

Sounds like you had fun and met some good guys, shame you missed out on the claim on a "left & right". Next time don't drop your gun from your shoulder :whistling::lol:

What a fantastic day out. Really enjoyed the day in really good company and some really challenging birds. By the time I got the message that I could do both days I had organised shooting elsewhere for Monday, Wednesday and Today so to find I could shoot Tuesday was a bonus!

Yes we had two good days. Slightly less woodcock than we had expected but the convivial company made up for that. Lots of missing and curses but that is normal for snipe and woodcock shooting. The last drive on Tuesday when we saw possibly 50 mallard and the same number of teal and a few snipe was exceptional.

Never have I ever seen a team of beaters work harder to produce sport for the standing guns.

Thank you Marko for sorting the days out for the guns.

Dear Sirs,

As usual was fantastic to have you all shooting in Wales, a little slow perhaps ...compared to previous years, never the less very enjoyable. The bag at the end of the 2 days was 38 birds + 8 not retrieved, in total 46 birds, I personally think, that it was still a nice bag.

It was a pleasure to have Paul223 and Garrod shooting with the team, 2 real gentleman and to my joy, they fully understand the meaning of wild birds shooting, its very different to a Driven day, I think with our shoot there is a big social aspect and team work.

Jdog ....as usual was the target for the day, as we all know, he loves his very witty banter, but also a true huntsman and a gentleman.

Thank you all

Mark