.25 duck.

Underdog

This post has now gone through some serious housekeeping

As stated the OP has done NOTHING illegal

you might not agree with what other people do in their life BUT providing its legal then who are we to judge?

This will NOT be allowed to degenerate into a who should do or not do thread

It can just as easy become locked again!!

:shaun:

Well done underdog, cracking shooting again mate.

Always makes me chuckle how shooting a stationary bird with an air rifle and killing it outright is unsporting. do these guys only shoot driven deer as surely a stationary deer would be unsporting too. He's shooting for food not sport, it's not about giving the thing a chance it's about killing it as quick and humanely as possible.

Keep up the good work mate.

Edited by bicykillgaz

Well done underdog, cracking shooting again mate.

Always makes me chuckle how shooting a stationary bird with an air rifle and killing it outright is unsporting. do these guys only shoot driven deer as surely a stationary deer would be unsporting too. He's shooting for food not sport, it's not about giving the thing a chance it's about killing it as quick and humanely as possible.

Keep up the good work mate.

The thing is it's bloomin' hard to shoot duck with an airgun when they are flying....

and another thing....when the privledged folk shoot semi tame released duck but don't handle the flights bag is that ok? Do they sleep easy knowing full well they did not need to shoot all those ducks and had no intention of processing the meat but it's ok because they used a shotgun?

Should the trapped fox be given a chance to run first?

Should pheasants be cornered and pushed over a team of guns when all of them have cupboards and freezers full at home?

If some individuals want to scrutinize ethics bring it on but first please remove any rafter from your eye before you attempt to remove the straw in mine!

U.

Guest snowy1977

Well said underdog!well placed shot,one dead duck,and a well fed hunter,what's wrong with that...nothing.some people are treating this like the duck was kicked to death. keep it up and hunt what you want how you fella.

Some may disagree and i do see the point others are making. That being said i find it refreshing to see underdog work for his food in whatever way suits his fancy, certainly makes life more interesting.

On the sporting front;

I beat on quite a few shoots and many times i will see a man go shooting all season, good shots, sporting shots, yet at the end of the day when he is offered to take some birds say " oooh noo i have loads of the bloody things " when i know damn well on account of being with the same individuals for a couple of years that he's never taken a damn pheasant, duck or partridge home. Does make you think to hell with sporting if you are going for the pot.

Good to see you enjoying life!

I cass myself as a wildfowler, but have shot duck in the past with air rifles. Infact my first duck was taken with a .177 on the river with my dad at the age of 13. I still shoot an air rifle every now and then. Dont think I would shoot another using that method but never say never eh. just as I wouldnt shoot one on the water with the 12g . But nothing wrong with it! Imo. The stalk is just as good as shooting a duck coming into decoys any day. Well done