Parking At The Euro Tunnel

EMcC

Does any of our members know, or better still, recommend any secure parking close to the Euro tunnel.

I have often seen a few guys from 'up north' driving to shooting grounds in Europe and fancied joining them in their vehicle.

There is the problem, I live in the West so would need to drive my car to the tunnel, or there abouts, to meet up with them.

I am looking into whether it is possible to park my car, for up to a week ,somewhere secure to make sure it is still there when I return :|

Yep, I guessed that so I'll reword my request.

Does any member of the site have any recommendation or knowledge of secure parking within easy reach on route, probably the M20, to the Euro tunnel.

I have heard there is secure parking at a service station within a couple of miles of the terminal but then again mention has been made of an airport but I can't seem to make any sense from any PC readings I can muster up !

Thats really weird, there is no airport at Folkestone and if you try to get a quote via that website, for any dates, you get the message, " I'm sorry we have no availability for the selected period".

This is the nearest Services, http://www.motorwayservices.info/stop24_services_folkestone_m20/ , they have parking there, but I don't know if its "secure".

Here is another option, http://www.relyongroup.co.uk/folkestone.htm

Yep, I guessed that so I'll reword my request.

Does any member of the site have any recommendation or knowledge of secure parking within easy reach on route, probably the M20, to the Euro tunnel.

I have heard there is secure parking at a service station within a couple of miles of the terminal but then again mention has been made of an airport but I can't seem to make any sense from any PC readings I can muster up !

just park in folkestone

Folkestone railway station is miles from the Eurotunnel station,on a completely different line.

EMcC has really got to arrive at Eurotunnel in a car, for it all to work.

You know why ;-)

It would be a bit awkward carrying some of the 'baggage' I need for the trip !!

Thanks guys for the help, if the trip comes off I'll keep you posted.

Relyon arrange to take your car to stop 24 and charge for doing it so I might as well take my car direct to Stop24.

But that's not what it says on their website, you have to leave your car at their car park in Dover, they then arrange transport for you from there to Stop24 for a tenner.

Cat.

But that's not what it says on their website, you have to leave your car at their car park in Dover, they then arrange transport for you from there to Stop24 for a tenner.Cat

Why would you want to go to Stop24 if your car is at their car park ?

You know why ;-)

It would be a bit awkward carrying some of the 'baggage' I need for the trip !!

Thanks guys for the help, if the trip comes off I'll keep you posted.

Erm get your northern friends to collect you on their way down to folkstone.....http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/****.aspx £14.50 for a week..... 3 miles from eurotunnel........ surely they would come 3 miles out of their way to pick you up and take you many hundreds across europe.....

H0w much is 3 miles/ 9 minutes according to google in a cab?

Edited by HDAV

But that's not what it says on their website, you have to leave your car at their car park in Dover, they then arrange transport for you from there to Stop24 for a tenner.Cat

Why would you want to go to Stop24 if your car is at their car park ?

Oh...dear me...why do I bother..?? :/

Cat.

I think I've been sorted with Stop24 which is just off the M20 at junction 11 as it is hardly and deviation from the route and has tea and biscuits for whichever of us gets there early.

Don't park there, it's heaving with Eastern Europeans and you're bound to get robbed.

Folkestone harbour truck park (harbour approach road) has secure parking for cars, and is security guard patrolled day and night. Not sure how much it costs for cars though? You could get a taxi to the euro tunnel from there (about 15 mins drive)

Don't park there, it's heaving with Eastern Europeans and you're bound to get robbed.

Folkestone harbour truck park (harbour approach road) has secure parking for cars, and is security guard patrolled day and night. Not sure how much it costs for cars though? You could get a taxi to the euro tunnel from there (about 15 mins drive)

just park up a side street get a cab be cheaper unless your driving a bentley or something that needs armed guards lol

An almost new Discovery 4 would show up a bit if left in a side street for more than a day or two wouldn't it ;-)

Thanks to the site I'm sorted now anyway guys.

nope it would be fine just find a quiet street this is kent we get nice cars here :lol: , glad your sorted

Edited by overandunder2012