What gloves?

mossberg-operator

• 2 weeks later...

I use cheap winter golf gloves off the bay which are showerproof with silk or merino thermal liners which you can get off the bay or from any walking shop. Keeps things lightweight, thin and reasonably dry, I don't go out when it's absolutely slinging it down so showerproof is enough for me.

I got a pair of sealskinz hunter gloves. Same as the shooting ones but without the fold back finger. They fit very snug and I can feel everything through them. Was out picking up yesterday in horizontal rain and didn't get wet or cold hands and the gloves were truly soaked- which is more than I can say for my leaking le chameau boots!

Best gloves I've ever had.

I got mine from a speciality socks website selling them for under £40.

+1 - these can be a bit bulkier than other gloves but I have no issue using an U/O or semi-auto. Have worn then in filthy weather and been very snug and smug. Oddly, I didn't find them that warm.

I also have a pair of McWets (not really McWarm), but they are windproof and not bad when damp but can't cope with really cold weather.

Neoprene gloves can be great as long as not too thick and you can still feel what you are doing.

Macwets are fine in the dry and above freezing, get them wet and they're worse than bare hands.

Sealskin hunters were great today in horizontal rain but they're not as feely as Mac don't get wets. Loading my semi auto was ok if done slowly and deliberately.

I've got the jack Pyke neoprene, very warm snug fit, plenty of feel in them too. Only fault I can find is they're not as grippy on wood stocks as I would prefer, but saying that I've never dropped a gun so not too bad, with the finger flap folded back I can load .22 pellets into the s400 too.

I like my MacWets as they were the best gloves that fitted me, feel very comfortable and keep my hands nice and warm. Not used them in heavy rain yet but in light rain showers they stayed dry.

At work I use these gloves and before I got my MacWets used them on occasion shooting. They are not waterproof but stopped my hands getting cold and are very grippy. When using them at work in the rain we wear latex gloves underneath which also help keeping hands warm

http://www.glovesnstuff.com/Soft-Grain-Leather-Velcro-Cuff-Drivers-Glove_AOPUT.aspx#.UsVHV7IgGSM

Rubber ? :)

Nope you can get chemicals that absorb into fabrics that coat them but dont harm breathability or feel and cause the water to run straight off. I use it in car valeting to protect seats. Like a scotchguard that actually works. Ive ordered a litre so il pick a pair of macwets up and give it a go and report back and show a little video.

If it works how it did on my jacket ypu lot will be amazed :)