other methods of gun security

lap9387

I didn't reply because I didn't happen to notice it.

In any event, it isn't relevant to the points which I, or anyone else, have made here nor to the subject of the thread.

Unless there is some relevant reason that I've missed. Is there?

The point about practical experiences of those who have dealt with different forces is relevant and is the whole point I have been on about. That being; people on here have stated that it is a legal requirement to have a gun cabinet (or at least there is a legal minimum requirement for a particular and specific type of security) which is not true. No force would, or is, saying that as far as I'm aware so people's experiences may be distorted somewhat.

There are no forces that are saying that only a steel cabinet is acceptable.

J.

I am sorry to say it is relevant because you have noticed it and included it as part of your reply above.

As you have stated in the part about practical experience being relevant and the whole point you have been on about, then could you please share your experience's when you dealt with your feo and there department over the fitting of what ever type of security arrangement you had to put in place.

This could help the thread a great deal and balance out any distorted experiences which may have arisen, this will help other members in the future when they find them self's in an difficult position.

TEH

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are police "guidelines" that recommend allowing a stand-alone cabinet if it weighs more than 20cwt and has suitable locks. The safe I had, which was approved for rifles, shotguns and their ammunition, was near the recommended weight and fitted with a single "bank" style lock. The key is 6" long, radial, with captive ball bearing in a slot in the end. The FEO said he had never seen one like it, but was happy. It was sat in the garage because it was too heavy for the floorboards in the house.

The only problem was that I had to break my shotguns down as they wouldn't fit easily inside, now I live in a stone house and use a normal cabinet.

I am sorry to say it is relevant because you have noticed it and included it as part of your reply above.

It isn't relevant. The only point I am replying to is one where someone has said that a cabinet is a legfal requirement, which it is not.

As you have stated in the part about practical experience being relevant and the whole point you have been on about, then could you please share your experience's when you dealt with your feo and there department over the fitting of what ever type of security arrangement you had to put in place.

They came out, looked at it and said it was fine. Like I say though, that is not remotely relevant to the discussion.

This could help the thread a great deal and balance out any distorted experiences which may have arisen, this will help other members in the future when they find them self's in an difficult position.

To ask again - why? It's got nothing to do with the rather simple point of fact that I pointed out which people seem intent on arguing over for apparently no point.

J.

TEH

Jonathan - leaving all else aside - The Essex Hunter has raised a few points which are worthy of your attention. Whilst you do not consider them relevant, I agree, with him, that they are.

It's free country and there is no obligation on you to answer, but it could appear that you are ducking the questions. Perish the thought. :innocent::innocent:

Jonathan - leaving all else aside - The Essex Hunter has raised a few points which are worthy of your attention. Whilst you do not consider them relevant, I agree, with him, that they are.

It's free country and there is no obligation on you to answer, but it could appear that you are ducking the questions. Perish the thought. :innocent::innocent:

I have answered his questions. As I pointed out in my answer though, I still fail to see their relevance.

Why are they relevant, in your opinion?

J.

Jonathan - you twist and turn, but rarely answer a question. You did not answer what you were asked - no real surprise.

Why are they not relevant, in your opinion? :innocent::innocent: :innocent:

I have answered. I wrote answers to his questions in the last post of the previous page.

The questions he asked are irrelevant to the discussion. The point I was making (which some people seem to have misunderstood) is that there is no specific requirement for a particular type of security, such as a cabinet. It is the *level* of security which is important. That being the case the police cannot *insist* on one particular form of security and they do not.

There is absolutely no relevance to what particular type of security that I personally employ to all of this so what was his point in asking? There is no relevance to how the police went about assessing my particular security so, again, why did he bother asking?

J.

Edited by JonathanL