new years eve

mikky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of early evening beers down my local, then home in front of the fire with the missus, prob. watch some old film,see in the new year, phone the kids,off to bed.

Makes me cringe seeing all the ..... trying to sing that stupid song that nobody knows the words to.

iv never liked New years eve for a lot of the reasons above. People who wouldn't give you a kind look any other time but want to shake your hand and wish you 'all the best'. jog on. The whole 'drink till you drop' thing doesn't appeal anymore either, id rather keep the money id of spent on ale and spend it on shells/clays at the weekend. But, to all the people going out I hope you have a great night, be safe.

I will be doing what I have done for the past 10 years, and that is letting off a big rocket in memory of my son. It started ten years ago with one rocket, but has now grown bigger into a large firework display. My parents and other family members come to our home, and we have a 'bit of a party'. Then, at the stroke of midnight, the first rocket will be fired, followed by many others. It's turned into a pyrotechnic display, that many of my neighbours look forward to seeing. I've cut back on the amount though, and this year I have approx £280 worth of 'loud' fireworks to set off (can't be doing with the pretty ones!)

Steve.

What a great thing to do.

Happy New Year to all.

Text the kids at midnight then switch the phone off and into my nice warm bed :)

My eldest isn't looking forward to it at all, he lives in Amsterdam and apparently they could only buy fireworks for the 3 days leading up to New Year and only let them off tonight within a 4 hour period so it gets really noisy!.

how can you not enjoy new year in amsterdam :lol:

iv never liked New years eve for a lot of the reasons above. People who wouldn't give you a kind look any other time but want to shake your hand and wish you 'all the best'. jog on. The whole 'drink till you drop' thing doesn't appeal anymore either, id rather keep the money id of spent on ale and spend it on shells/clays at the weekend. But, to all the people going out I hope you have a great night, be safe.

+1