Ammunition notifications

paul2012

Some of you may remember a thread recently about this, I got my fav ticket and it says as a condition that i need to notify if i buy/sell/aquire firearms, moderators and ammunition.

I had no problems with this and sent the local force an email in line with the letter they sent me,

Got a phone call yesterday from firearms licencing saying that I don't need to inform them when i buy ammo as they can barely cope with just firearms purchase transfers etc. They also said that they cant change the condition as it comes printed on the new certificates as its now part of the home office guidelines or something to that effect.

So now im lost as to what to do, because if i do what they say and don't inform them im in breach of my conditions. And if i do then i could be seen to be ignoring what they are telling me to do.

I don't think im the only one in this situation as the condition is standard on all new certifcates in the area but what should i do

David, Having read the previous post I still wonder about how long its taking.

Renewals occur regularly and there must be hundreds going through on a daily basis countrywide. So simply pointing out to the HO and it taking so long, affects thousands.

Surely the HO can act more quickly and may do so if all those affected ask for clarification on a standard form supplied by their shooting organisation and designed to 'legalise' their purchases of ammo by a response confirming the mistake, and advising that notification is not necessary.

Its a mistake - how long does it take to correct - months ?

Indeed, and my posts still stand (just double checking if there had been another thread I had missed , so thank you very much for your help)

Waiting for the HO to correct , any member who has a problem with this let me know...

David

David...we move on, this is a typical example of your worth to PW and I'm sure is appreciated by all, including many who are not members.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, if this is printed "advice" there will be large stocks, much already sent out to FAC holders (possibly to remain with them for 5 years), how on earth can this be resolved in the short term in anything like a sensible and cost effective way?

I will get an update on this when I am back at work on Monday, its very frustrating that this mess up has caused so much confusion etc at licencing level and that although the error was picked up by us almost immediately, it seems to be taking an age for the HO etc to correct it!!

Dekers - regardless of disagreements we may have on some issues I am sure we are and can remain friends in shooting.The point about pre printed advice is a very good one and thank you for bringing this up.

David

Edited by David BASC

I will get an update on this when I am back at work on Monday, its very frustrating that this mess up has caused so much confusion etc at licencing level and that although the error was picked up by us almost immediately, it seems to be taking an age for the HO etc to correct it!!

Dekers - regardless of disagreements we may have on some issues I am sure we are and can remain friends in shooting.The point about pre printed advice is a very good one and thank you for bringing this up.

David

:yes::good:

If any member has this silly condition on their certificate please get in touch with us ASAP, and please send a copy of that part of your cert.

We need to know, and have evidence of which constabularies are doing this and compounding the error. We can then take this up with them, the Home Office and possibly the Minister too...

David