Bought tickets for British shooting show 2014

Dominicrobed

top tip Take your own food and drink....a burger 65% not meat (burger bit not the bap) will cost you the price of half a cow carcass... and a watery tea the price of a full box of yorkshires finest tea bags.....(large)

and don't wear camo...or your look like a ****...

Edited by sirgoldalot

Some good deals going last year on guns, especially on models being discontinued or updated. Most main decoy suppliers were there with good deals on rotaries and deeks. Clothing is all very similar with many stands selling the same stuff. Deals & haggling are best left to the Sunday when they are desperate to sell off stock unless you are after something specific. Previous replier is right about the food & drink though, it's a rip off so take your own.

They said they've sorted the parking and the traffic flow within the halls which will ease the congestion and make it a more enjoyable experience. Last year was heaving and I didn't see too many bargains - just a range of cheap to expensive guns to suit all tastes and budgets. The air rifle hall was enjoyable but I was forever bumping into people dressed in camo as I didn't see them. :ninja:

My personal highlight was having an Apache chopper pilot pass out at my lunch table - full on slump down narrowly missing my overpriced sandwich. Thankfully an Airsoft chap was a first aider and helped bring him to. Ungrateful so and so didn't even thank us.

I'll go again this year but won't be taking a big pile of cash - it's more for the browsing with me.

Didn't see any good deals on shotguns last year, was looking for a Silver Pigeon at the time. all were RRP. add on the entrance fee plus food for my son and I made it a dear day out, I did pick up a few bits and bobs, met up with a few mates too, Im going to leave it this year and see what the feed back is on the parking .

Its worth the trip if nothing else but for the day out. I agree about taking your own chow as you pay a lot for pretty dire food IMO. As for bargains they all show RRP's etc and I have never let that stop me pushing my luck as much as I possibly can. I picked up a nice gun for a friend last year and saved £100 on the same model on Guntrader. Don't forget the accessories stands and all the other toy stalls to look at. I know some suffered last year on parking etc (Priority parking for one being a complete joke) but I didn't struggle at all. They do need more car park marshalls and it states on the fliers more will be there this year.

We booked our hotel last night for the Friday. Hopefully the missus might treat me to a new shotty as a valentines present lol

Team tractor if your only 30 mins away from it can we all crash at yours? Haha :-)

You can use the Wendy house lol

It has to be Sunday for me, as i'm after a gun and i heard is more probably to get a good deal on the last day of the show

People say this but it don't happen . If it don't sell the seller will just take it back to the shop. In the past my mates have tried this but the stalls have sold out by then

People say this but it don't happen . If it don't sell the seller will just take it back to the shop. In the past my mates have tried this but the stalls have sold out by then

Yeah, I didn't see much evidence of this last year. I think I'll go on the Friday and get first glance on the second hand rifles they have there. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Just found this thread. My tickets arrived yesterday, I'm going the Sunday. Initially I couldn't make it as I was working however work have changed one of my shifts, the Sunday so I am there.

My self and the father in law are going. He wants to look at rifles as he is considering getting back into target shooting.