Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

Exciting times, what are you getting? Had my appointment with the shrink, and its not looking likely I will get my grant. He is proposing I don't keep my gun at home cant see that working.

Still on the plus side I've gained a permission to use my air rifle to keep the rabbits down for the farmer, so that will have to do.

Will keep you posted though. :)

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

need some advice? been waiting about 28 weeks since i sent in my application and i had my interview on 1st august cabinet checked the lot was told it would be recommended but still haven't heard anything. dunno whether to call,e-mail or just wait?

I rang them after 3 weeks ( from interview ) & asked where it had got to,said been waiting 26 weeks & had been very patient etc, the lady on the other end told me she would look into it, 4 days later it was on my door mat. They are deffo very busy, but i found a gentle nudge in a friendly manor helped. :good:

Shotboygun :sad1: not good news then . Lets hope they change their minds. I've decided to go for a Lincoln Premier gold deluxe. Felt good in my shoulder etc, gonna get a cheap semi auto too, just cos I've always wanted one :yes:

Edited by Dan.lord

I rang them after 3 weeks & asked where it had got to, the lady on the other end told me she would look into it, 4 days later it was on my door mat. They are deffo very busy, but i found a gentle nudge in a friendly manor helped. :good:

Shotboygun :sad1: not good news then . Lets hope they change their minds. I've decided to go for a Lincoln Premier gold deluxe. Felt good in my shoulder etc, gonna get a cheap semi auto too, just cos I've always wanted one :yes:

so guessing you just rang the general number for essex firearms and didn't contact your FEO?

so guessing you just rang the general number for essex firearms and didn't contact your FEO?

First I rang my FEO, but all he said was, I've handed on your paper work recommending it, so I don't have any info. I then rang the 01245 452768 ( Between 12 & 4pm ) & spoke to them. They were very helpful .

Ha spoke too soon!! They rang today to query about my brother who has recently moved in at mine and now it's been passed back to the command team for a decision and they can't give me any indication to how long this will take. I have no issues with my brothers background check his an approved herts and Essex police recovery operator! Any thoughts or advice???

• 4 weeks later...

Ha spoke too soon!! They rang today to query about my brother who has recently moved in at mine and now it's been passed back to the command team for a decision and they can't give me any indication to how long this will take. I have no issues with my brothers background check his an approved herts and Essex police recovery operator! Any thoughts or advice???

Have you contacted your shooting organisation?

Just a quick thought do we get an aknowledgement once they recieve our application? (Essex)

Also i noticed in the notes only the applicant needs to sign one of the photos yet i read elsewhere recently the referee neefs to sign one also?

I received a letter saying they had received it & it's taking around 16 weeks to go through, which ended up around 24 weeks !! Yes you need to get a referee to sigh one of the pics stating its a true likeness etc. Good luck with your application, I know how you are feeling having to wait an age, got me down tbh :no: Well worth the wait though :good:

I wrote an email to the chief of Essex police and to my MP saying that the wait was unacceptable and if the police were a private company I'd go elsewhere!

and some other bits and pieces but I didn't really want to post as I know whats now going to happen!!!

I ended up writing to both my M.P. and the Police crime commissioner for Humberside when my renewal took nearly 4 months to process, the old certificate had about 3 weeks to run so needs must ,lo and behold 3 days later the new cert was delivered .

Edited by Jega