Here is a link to discounts for people who fall into the following categories,

- Serving Armed Forces
- Reserve Forces
- Veterans
- Service Family Members
- MOD Civil Servants
- Cadet Forces (over 16)
- NATO Personnel serving in the UK

You can save quite a bit by just having a card in your pocket.

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/index.php?p=about

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The card is £4.99 and is for use when you are on the high street for example 20% off on frankie and benny's,so a meal would pay for the card.Another example is vue cinemas you get between 15-20% off.

The rest you can do online no charge except signing up,and you must meet the criteria.

No catches or gimmicks,you just have to meet the criteria i posted above.

My friend offers a discount to people still serving that can prove it but I'm not sure how much but he's not on any of the discount sites

There are a lot of smaller businesses that offer discount on production of a forces id card,Millets always used to offer 10% off to personnel and also cubs/scout movement

Is Specsavers an active participant then :whistling:

Funny you should mention that,the money i save :lol:

Various Discount Offers from Vision Express
company_page_online_offer.jpglearn_more_about_online.jpg

Members of the DDS can get the following offers

- Free eye test including digital retinal photography (DRP) when you spend over £50 on eyewear - Save £70 when joining the contact lens Direct Debit scheme (Complete Contact Care) - Save £30 when you purchase complete prescription glasses or sunglasses - OR -nbsp; Free Designer 2nd pair - 10% off non prescription sunglasses - Double Nectar points

To redeem the offer simply click the link and then fill in your details to download your vouchers. You can then take these in store. Please add Defence Discount Service as your employer if prompted.

I don't mean to put those who deserve discounts down but there are many forces roles which are about as dangerous as a good night out, should they be allowed this discount when civis aren't?

You are welcome to do the basic training that all military go through to bring them to the basic infantry standard and then be willing to undergo further trade training, be on call 24/7 and willing to be sent anywhere in the world that the military see fit, often with little notice and without your family.and to top it off should the proverbial hit the fan you will be fighting to protect so called civis,even those in cushy backroom jobs will fight if they are ordered because as i said at the beginning they are all trained at the start with 12 weeks infantry training.

The discount is given in recognition of what the armed services are prepared to do and do on your behalf.

And just to rub it in, my Son gets 50% off in dominoes pizza just by producing his id card :good::lol:

Whilst I appreciate what our armed forces do I don't see how they deserve additional discounts at high street stores. No offence lads as you've got bigger balls than me, but you sign up out of choice and you get paid so what's the deal.

I honestly respect anyone in the forces but 50% off at dominos where's the justice in that!!

Whilst I appreciate what our armed forces do I don't see how they deserve additional discounts at high street stores. No offence lads as you've got bigger balls than me, but you sign up out of choice and you get paid so what's the deal.

I honestly respect anyone in the forces but 50% off at dominos where's the justice in that!!

My son is spending his Friday evening in his room scrubbing kit that he had out in the woods for the last week in minus conditions and almost constant rain getting very little sleep training,they even broke out some cold weather kit mid week because of the cold,i think 50% off a pizza is earned.

What are you doing this evening :)

And a little tip,

If working with the police,let them get the coffees from starbucks :good:

Edited by welsh1

Life just aint fair mate :no: PM me your address and I will post you a slice of pizza,it's all about teamwork and sharing :good::lol::lol: BB

If it makes you feel any better about yourself there are plenty of establishments that are happy to throw discount at students but won't give squaddies a penny.