Gay floods?

hedd-wyn

When you are born you have no idea of religion, and the chances are that if you were born in another country you could grow up to be muslim,buddist,rastifari etc it is only what you are taught as you grow.

It's irrelevant whether you're taught religion. It's still that persons right to have that belief if they so wish. So why should they be ridiculed?

Why are that persons rights not as important as the rights of someone born gay?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christians are not usually spat at in the street, or beaten up when they have a night out,nor do they have a large part of society telling them that what they do is immoral and they will rot in hell(usually staunch christians).

As you say yourself it is your right to have your beliefs,it is also the right of a gay person to live a life without fear and prejudice.

I don't think we have persecuted a christian for a very long time..

Christians are not usually spat at in the street, or beaten up when they have a night out,nor do they have a large part of society telling them that what they do is immoral and they will rot in hell(usually staunch christians).

Oh come on, 'hate crimes' against gays makes up approx 10% of all hate crimes recorded, the vast majority being down to race. Of course every one is one too many, but please don't try and make out the gay community are being victimised on a grand scale...they're not.

Oh come on, 'hate crimes' against gays makes up approx 10% of all hate crimes recorded, the vast majority being down to race. Of course every one is one too many, but please don't try and make out the gay community are being victimised on a grand scale...they're not.

Stonewall reckons that 5-7% of the country are gay,the home office statistics state 1.5%,for them to record 10% of all hate crimes is serious.There is also the fact that many are ashamed or simply know that nothing will be done so do not report it.

I would also suggest the problem is bigger than you state,http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/13/one-in-six-gay-people-hate-crimes

I never suggested they were victimised on a grand scale, i said they were victimised,if you as a christian have only to worry over being called names then i cannot see how you can compare to gay people who are subjected to a hate by some members of the community,and suffer for the way they are born,and this manifests itself through violence and discrimination in all walks of their life.

So Stonewall RECKON that 5-7% of the population are gay? Just the difference between 5 and 7% is 1.3million...quite a figure when all's said and done.

Anyway, 4% of hate crimes are committed on grounds of religion...are these people somehow less important? I don't think so, you do, so we'll have to beg to differ on that one.

Just because many people feel it is wrong, doesn't mean it actually is wrong.

Slightly ham-fisted example below.

unfortunately that's not true is it, as it does affect others in that we are told/instructed even through the making of laws to accept what we may (and many many do) feel is WRONG, acceptance via law of PHEASANT SHOOTING and everything that goes with it, is putting two fingers up to normality and the belief of the majority that PHEASANT SHOOTING is not normal not healthy and certainly not productive, the fact of the matter is that SHOOTING rights - PHEASANT SHOOTING has been selfishly promoted by those with a vested interest :yes: , and due to our being conditioned to the mantra of "its not hurting anyone but them attitude" they have gotten away with it big style, next we will be saying adoption of children by SHOOTERS will have no harmful effects, oh forgot we already do, subtle mind conditioning which will go on and on and on till we are mindless non thinking subservient tools, to self serving minority activists who can still shout, thanks to our mouths being closed through legislation which we blindly accepted in the name of "tolerance".

KW

So Stonewall RECKON that 5-7% of the population are gay? Just the difference between 5 and 7% is 1.3million...quite a figure when all's said and done.THERE ARE 63.23 MILLION IN THE UK

Anyway, 4% of hate crimes are committed on grounds of religion...are these people somehow less important? I don't think so, you do, so we'll have to beg to differ on that one.

Please don't put words in my mouth,i never said hate crimes against religion are less important,i was responding to your post where your main concern was priests being called paedophiles and saying you believed in sky fairies.all other posts have been questioning what you were saying

It was you that started this little debate,ironically by agreeing with me when i said "live and let live"

As an aside i am not gay and i do not believe in religion or a god,but good for you having a faith,i respect anyone who strongly believes in something.

As i say, my philosophy is live and let live.

unfortunately that's not true is it, as it does affect others in that we are told/instructed even through the making of laws to accept what we may (and many many do) feel is WRONG, acceptance via law of gay marriage and everything that goes with it, is putting two fingers up to normality and the belief of the majority that gay marriage is not normal not healthy and certainly not productive, the fact of the matter is that gay rights - gay marriage have been selfishly promoted by those with a vested interest :yes: , and due to our being conditioned to the mantra of "its not hurting anyone but them attitude" they have gotten away with it big style, next we will be saying adoption of children by gay couples will have no harmful effects, oh forgot we already do, subtle mind conditioning which will go on and on and on till we are mindless non thinking subservient tools, to self serving minority activists who can still shout, thanks to our mouths being closed through legislation which we blindly accepted in the name of "tolerance".

KW

no offence mate sometimes you make alot of sense in what you say but what a load of ******** :lol:

not having a pop mate just saying live and let live :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

As a Christian, do you believe that gay marriages were to blame for the floods?

I think the floods are more to do with the amount of rain, and the rivers being held full of water before the rain started.

As for gay marriage, any thing that cuts down the competition is a good thing by me

Heaven could be the last red blooded male in the world :)

Have always thought this a hereditary trait, so should have dissappeared long ago

and probably would have if they diddent cheat

Edited by joe soapy

No bother with them at all. I won`t be judging them and they will not be judging me.

But will God?

That's a genuine question and not a lets-try-to-trick-a-Christian question. Interpretation of the Bible should be done figuratively and not literally but even so surely it is pretty unequivocal about such matters?

But will God?

That's a genuine question and not a lets-try-to-trick-a-Christian question. Interpretation of the Bible should be done figuratively and not literally but even so surely it is pretty unequivocal about such matters?

Good question. Will God have a problem or will gays be lined up a the gates of Hell?

Leviticus

Homosexual acts are an abomination to God. 18:22

Doesn't look to good for the Sodomites according to the Bible :oops:

Edited by truflex

God will be judging them, just like you or I, what he thinks about someone who is a Christian and a practising homosexual I do not know. The Bible says a lot about male/female marriage/relationships, but sees some forms of homosexuality as an abomination. It stays silent on loving homosexual relations.

God will be judging them, just like you or I, what he thinks about someone who is a Christian and a practising homosexual I do not know. The Bible says a lot about male/female marriage/relationships, but sees some forms of homosexuality as an abomination. It stays silent on loving homosexual relations.

So the bible says it's ok for a bit gay lovin' as long as your in love but not a quickie behind KFC on a Friday night?

“And the LORD God said, ‘It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.’ Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: ‘This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.’ Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”
—Genesis 2:18-25

regards stevo

devout Christian