Dartford clay shooting ( near dartford bridge)

storsey

I went there at the weekend, I prefer it to hawley and jjs only because it's got auto clay system so I can go on my own if I need to. But their sporting isn't the best I seen. There was one of their staff who came round and gave me a few pointers for clays that my nephew, shooting a .410 would do better on. So an ok ground not the best.

have been a few times, as said sporting is a bit pants, but the compacts and skeet are good.

you have to watch the weather there, its a bit open to the elements.

have always found the staff very nice though, and going with a few mates we've always been treated well and had a nice day.

Haven't shot there for a couple of years,in those days Gordon Lee I beiieve was the ground manager, whom I found to be a good bloke.

The only thing I shot there was skeet, either in county selection shoots or the south eastern inter-counties champs and always found them well run.

The club house was top notch as I remember, with good food and nice staff.

Regards remmyman

Its biggest attraction is the trap shooting facility, its surprising how few grounds in this area have that.

I have friends who travel quite a way just for the trap shooting.

That's exactly right - you don't go there for sporting you go if you want a day of skeet, DTL, OT, UT etc.

Well, for what its worth they've improved the Sporting layout by opening up some new stands in the wooded area, so there's a bit more variation and your not shooting with the sun in your eyes. The Claymate system is OK as you can shoot what you want, but they don't run sporting competitions (to the best of my knowledge)

Plenty of Skeet layouts and various trap disciplines available, though a bit flooded at the moment. Also have a couple of compact layouts.

The big pluses for me is that you don't have to queue up for long, the Clubhouse is very comfortable and, probably most importantly, you can PARK YOUR CAR, not always an option at Hawley or JJ's.

They also have a Golf buggy for the infirm shooter

Prices are quite reasonable as well, so you pays your money and takes your choice.

I'll be there tomorrow