Crow hunt pictures from South Georgia (USA)

Ron L

After having read posts on this forum about crow hunting without an electronic caller or an owl decoy, I invited several friends for a crow hunt last week.

We drove to southern Georgia (USA) where we put a dozen flocked decoys on the ground and several up in trees while hunting in a pecan orchard.

We built a good blind which you can see in the background of the pictures. We then used 1 mouth call, and tried to imitate feeding crows rather than the usual run and gun hunt doing a crow/owl fight that is most commonly used here in the U.S.

The crows kept coming in singles and pairs for 5 hours which is very different than the usual 20 minute hunt where we kill 4-6 birds and then have to move and set-up again.

post-1146-1169323055.jpg

post-1146-1169323714.jpg

As you see our final total was 64 birds!

Thank you for all the good information that is posted on this forum.

Hell of a hide! :) Sounds like you had a good day, what time did you set up. If I know where corvids are feeding I setup before it gets light, as the sun rises sport can be fast and furious :) Best bit is it goes dead and you can go home for breakfast.

Hell of a hide! :) Sounds like you had a good day, what time did you set up. If I know where corvids are feeding I setup before it gets light, as the sun rises sport can be fast and furious :) Best bit is it goes dead and you can go home for breakfast.

We set-up the hide just at dark the night before. We then returned the next morning before light, put out the decoys, and got settled into the hide. The crows started coming at first light but kept coming until 1:00PM when we quit to have a bite to eat.