winter olympics shooting

shawn9914

was watching the winter Olympics yesterday and there was an event where they had to ski then do some target shooting from various positions, I was wondering what calibre of guns they use and what guns were they

I was watching and they reload very quick with one finger I could see the shells ejecting and they shot 5 times every lap possibly 5 or more laps and I never saw them reload once

can someone explain please :)

Edited by shawn9914

Biathlon they usually have magazines that they swap as they come in to shoot. Think they shoot .22 don't know what guns but all are open sights no scopes.

Takes some doing when your panting for breath.

Had a quick look online the guns are beginner entry level marlin 2000 amateur Biakal 7 or Anshut 1451 then the Olympic level competitors use An Anshutz all are straight pull and have five shot magazines that are in a holder on the rifle.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

thanks for that they must be good to hit them targets whilst panting like a fat bloke in a chocolate shop :lol: I enjoyed watching that

I remember watching a documentary on these guys in the last Olympics, heart monitor showed exertion heart rates of 160 bpm upwards, the recovery time of these guys, coupled with self hypnosis techniques is staggering.

I did this in the army I was offered a ski trip I'd thought beer sun down hill skiing and hot maids.

Got knackeribg cross country skiing and target shooting. Bloody hard work thought I was going to die of a heart attack several times.

The straight pull Anshutz is brilliant. The pros have some of the lowest heart rates of any sportsman at rest they have my respect.

I did this in the army I was offered a ski trip I'd thought beer sun down hill skiing and hot maids.

Got knackeribg cross country skiing and target shooting. Bloody hard work thought I was going to die of a heart attack several times.

The straight pull Anshutz is brilliant. The pros have some of the lowest heart rates of any sportsman at rest they have my respect.