Binoculars

Cookie69

Depends what you want them for.

If you want low light performance, I'd consider some secondhand Carl Zeiss Jenoptem 7 X 50 or 10 x 50. They are a bit lumpy, but that might not be an issue if you're driving around on a field recce, or just sitting in a hide.

You used to be able to pick these up for about £50, but they seem to have gone up a bit on e-bay. Try looking on other shooting or birding forums.They are not waterproof though. There's a good summary on this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=62683

Edited by pob

The budget is quite limiting as far as good glass, assuming to just want to confirm that which is flying along the flight lines as your quarry then I can say my mate has some Hawke 10x40 at a guess that to be fair are up to the job I mention in decent light. I must add if you can afford it Swarovski etc are great and it turns out my 7x50's were a cracking investment in use and also fanatically as they only cost £750 about 15 yrs back I use them almost daily though so I doubt they will get sold. With cheaper glass have a look through them and buy the actual pair you look through as at the lower end optics tend to vary even within a batch in my experiance

Thanks Guy's

I blew my budget today on a pair if second hand ceralin optolyth (£110) made in west Germany im presuming they are quite old by the fact they say made in WEST Germany? I thought Germany was one now?

but boy they are good

but then im comparing them with a £25 bought on holiday 2 or 3 yrs ago

Thanks again

Paul