Jack Pyke boots

Bansk65

For that money..... Save save up for a bit and go for some altbergs....

The boots you suggest are not made by a proper bookmaker and are most likely knocked up in china or Thailand.....

For not a lot more get a pair of British made boots.

I wear Altbergs everyday and can't recommend them enough, but there field and fell use the same Skywalk sole and it doesn't offer a lot of grip.

I looked at these but in the end I put a little more in and got Meindl`s which will be more than twice the boot !

My walking boots are Meindl and again lovely boots but double jack Pyle price. I suppose you only get what you pay for so it looks like I'm gonna have to scrimp a bit harder, thanks for the replys folks.

Edited by Bansk65

Had my jack pyke boots nearly 3 years now, been beating, wildfowling and pigeon shooting, still going strong. Neoprene hasn't decomposed or any leaks. Cant ask for more. They have a new range now, just got a pair for the missus and good quality still evident. I know a pair of le chameau would keep me just as warm and dry, but I'm hard going on boots and would not be impressed if I punctured a £200 pair of wellies....which is easily done by the way.

I've got the "hunters" boots! Paid about £90 for them. Vibram soles etc. Was a bit worried from what people had said about them. I've had them 4 months. Been beating in very wet weather( through rape fields) so far I can honestly say I can't fault them. Comfy, dry feet, great ankle support. 12 months warranty!

I'm sure there will be someone along soon to tell you other wise though!

Had my jack pyke hunter boots over 1 year now, and now live in my shed with the rest of the junk, great for summer but they let me down in wet weather, after having a boot full of liquid cow muck and a smelly wet sock I have not worn them again..... they are a nice boot but after awhile they start to leak letting them down

I know a guy that put a box fresh pair on one morning we were beating, for the first couple of hours they were great. The water was beading off them and they offered great support and they didn't rub anywhere. Come dinner time, he had to take them off in favour of his wellies because his feet were soaking. Probably a duff pair but it's put me off them for sure.