Best ammo for anschutz 1417

James19306

I'm picking up my new anschutz 1417 in a day or so and just wondering what ammo people would recommend to try. I've always used eley sub hp in the past with cz 452 with great results. Will be used for pest control and some casual benchrest

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I shoot an Anschutz 1417 14ins barrel. Mine took a bit of shooting in from new. I'd advise leading the barrel (100 rounds) before you start doing any serious target work and taking decisions on the best ammo.

Mine does not like Winchesters. Tried several different batches - no joy.

Loves RWS HP Subs which are my favourite round in this gun. RWS HV HP are also very good, by far the best HV round I have put through the gun.

Eley subs a close second best.

The smoothness of the bolt and trigger really start to improve after 500 rounds or so. The trigger is a gem. You'll know it's a two stage. I like it so much i'm upgrading the single stage in my .17HMR 1517 to the two stage.

Enjoy your gun you've made the right choice! :yes::yes:

I shoot an Anschutz 1417 14ins barrel. Mine took a bit of shooting in from new. I'd advise leading the barrel (100 rounds) before you start doing any serious target work and taking decisions on the best ammo.

Mine does not like Winchesters. Tried several different batches - no joy.

Loves RWS HP Subs which are my favourite round in this gun. RWS HV HP are also very good, by far the best HV round I have put through the gun.

Eley subs a close second best.

The smoothness of the bolt and trigger really start to improve after 500 rounds or so. The trigger is a gem. You'll know it's a two stage. I like it so much i'm upgrading the single stage in my .17HMR 1517 to the two stage.

Enjoy your gun you've made the right choice! :yes::yes:

+1 Enjoy.

The best round is the one which is most accurate in your rifle. However, with a negligible SD, it would be a mistake not to try SK.

i have 2 and love them,mine didnt take any running in,tried a box each of different makes found the best was either cci or winchesters,but found the cci to be very tight to chamber so stuck with winnies,bob on

i have a dm80 on mine,mainly to keep the length nice and short,noise wise i dont think theres alot in it on any of the mods on a 22

I am just waiting on delivery of my 1417 deluxe with 14" barrel. Does anyone have a recommendation for a moderator to go with it?

Now, this isn't going to suit everyone, but on mine I find the old Parker Hale balances the rifle superbly. There is none more effective, they strip down and clean easily and last forever - mine has to be at least 40 years old.

Thanks for the great replies guys, I was trying to decide between sak and scirocco sm11. Don't think there will be any real difference but I think I fancy the sak. I had a Parker hale on a cz 452 for about 10 years and really can't complain about it at all or the 452 I just fancied a change. These Annie's are beautiful little rifles, the trigger is very very good and the bolt throw is a lot less than the 452 (guess I got a bit used to the sako 85 fairly short throw) the cz would almost touch a scope eyebell if it was big and mounted low not that it really matters as you hardly need much grip to eject a .22 case. Plus I always seem to get a better head position with a thumbhole stock as the comb is normally higher.

Now, this isn't going to suit everyone, but on mine I find the old Parker Hale balances the rifle superbly. There is none more effective, they strip down and clean easily and last forever - mine has to be at least 40 years old.

That's exactly what I have on mine, I think it suits the rifle, not much bigger than the barrel and just as quiet as the rest.

+1 for sak ... No major difference between my £30 one and a mates £150 job !!

Got to disagree Scott cos mine weighs a fekin ton lol but it doesn't do any better job as you said glad I didn't pay for it. Lol

Got a Parker hale on my 22lr anshutz and it's spot on