dubai

dr. lecter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some times there are things that you just have to do ,I got chance to go around the world with work in 2002 visiting Dubai ,Malaysia,Singapore Sri Lanka ,China,Hong Kong ,Indonesia.

In 2007 I lost my first leg then the other in 2010 it's now that I realise that I am glad that I did these things when I was well and able you just don't know what's round the corner . Don't think "I wish I did that " just do it as long as it don't interfere with finances and put you in debt

Life is just too short

Deershooter

I could live with the cost for a 1 off prob be around £2k I guess - Thought you would need to be reg'd etc - I've just returned to Clay Shooting after a 25 year lay off so I'm a little rusty & I think things have changed somewhat regarding getting CPSA registered - I'll have to have a chat with the Linc's Rep

I would love to go but haven't got a clue how you'd go about it - I assume you have to be a registered AA FITASC shooter to apply ??

To be honest I only knew about it on the last minuet, there website was very helpful . AAA or C or or unclassified there's no reason not to enter any comps anywhere regardless how we score at the event.

You've got a passport , yes

Shotgun, yes

SGC, yes

Some simple knowledge of how to hit a clay , that's it in my opinion :)

Some times there are things that you just have to do ,I got chance to go around the world with work in 2002 visiting Dubai ,Malaysia,Singapore Sri Lanka ,China,Hong Kong ,Indonesia.

In 2007 I lost my first leg then the other in 2010 it's now that I realise that I am glad that I did these things when I was well and able you just don't know what's round the corner . Don't think "I wish I did that " just do it as long as it don't interfere with finances and put you in debt

Life is just too short

Deershooter

Sorry to hear that fella !!!

I just couldn't afford to keep clay shooting back then - things are different now though - funny thing is I had no interest or want for Claying what so ever until about 6 weeks ago then out of the blue I decided to go 1 Sunday - I'm rusty but eh ho 25 years is a long time - I'm surprised at what I have remembered really & so far I'm happy with my progress, bought a new gun & some kit ..... Time will tell :good:

Would any of you go to this event if they were to charge for the event next year ??

People have made a big thing out of the entry fee being waived as if that made any real impact on the overall costs, the only reason it was free this year was as a clever hook to encourage more people to book for what was afterall a completely unheard of sum of money and number of placings.

The whole thing has been an incredibly well devised and marketed concept, they deserve a lot of credit.

So, hammy are you going next year?

There's a good chance of that :yes: , but if I'm honest it won't be for the targets OR any realistic chance of breaking even. I personally believe unless the targets are more realistic (say tweaked by about 10-15% back to reality) then you will alienate all but the rich and those with huge time on their hands to practice on targets you just don't get anywhere else.

I see Mr, Digweed didn't qualify for the final, 159/200

BUT

Sean Bramley has

So still in with a shout

Current finalists :

Miles, Gebben
Jose Manuel, Rodriguez Andujar
Matarese, Anthony
Robertson, Scott
Broomfield, Christopher
Bramley, Sean

Ed Solomons who has attended our charity shoot at Orston shot a very creditable 154/200

:shaun:

Sean Bramley is not a woman, he is one of the top shots in the uk pigeon watch has no one even near him.

Deershooter

Link not working on iPad

Deershooter

Yes, but the comment you quoted was mine - where I said 4th and 5th were won by GBR women :-)

The link is indeed dodgy - they have some weird stuff going on there. It didn't even work on any PC based browser until last night.

The English Sporting Clays link works.

Edited by aris

There are many top shots on this forum why they didn't go to Dubai there are plenty of reasons for a start money , work , family commitments.

Also the unknown of what the actually shoot would be like.

It obviously looks like the Nad al sheba Dubai shoot is a success do I'm sure there will be plenty of shooters going next year :)